Can someone answer me this

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by DashSatan, Nov 30, 2011.

1. DashSatan macrumors 6502

Dont know if this is the right thread but I want to know if anyone can answer this. I bought the zagg shield online. If I were to bring it to Best Buy would they install or do I have to buy it from them in order for them to do that?

2. SDColorado macrumors 65816

SDColorado

I believe that you have to purchase it from them, but it never hurts to ask. They might be willing to do a little good customer service PR work.

3. DashSatan thread starter macrumors 6502

That's what I am hoping cause I don't know how I feel about applying zagg myself haha

4. SDColorado macrumors 65816

SDColorado

They make me a little nervous as well, but not as bad on the iPhone as the iPad, at least not IMHO.

But that said, I actually purchased the Zagg invisibleSHIELD Dry through the AT&T Stores, for my wife and I. That may be the only place they sell the Dry, or at least it was. Those worked out really well. There were a bunch of micro bubbles at first, but overnight 90% disappeared. In the next day or two the remaining ones were gone. Looks great now.

AT&T offered to put them on for me, but I didn't have either phone with me when I ran in to get them. If you hit Best Buy at a slow time, hopefully you can find someone who is willing to do a good deed for the day :)

5. vtclan macrumors regular

Dont be scared! The installation is super simple and as long as you dont soak the protector your phone should be fine. The zagg type shields are so much easier than the static cling ones since the wet install allows you to just plop the shield down and position it into place. After that just squeege out the excess solution onto a paper towel and you should be fine.

6. DashSatan thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm mainly worried about using too much solution or damaging my phone from it.

7. rrandyy macrumors 6502

Came in just to say this is the worst title for a thread. That is all. Have a good day. :)

8. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

Best Buy usually only installs IS bought from their store, especially since if they ruin it at their first try they can just grab one from their stock.

Just do it yourself. You'll be a lot more careful than someone who doesn't really care about your phone. They won't guarantee that it'll be damage free.

9. lolwutalan macrumors newbie

Most likely not.
    I bought a screen protector from them once, and they were happen to install it. The guy kind of sucked, so he gave me a new one and I took it home and put it on myself.

10. takeshi74 macrumors 601

At least mentioning that it's a Zagg protector install question would have helped.

11. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

Just do it yourself. Not complicated.

My advise though would be to return the zagg as they are junk though.

12. solo118 macrumors 65816

+1, try something from SGP or Powersupport....

13. Eager Beaver macrumors 6502a

Eager Beaver

I hate the Zagg now that I have been using the $20 wrapsol I got at Walmart - :)