Can someone check their Drobo for me....

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by zali0n, Nov 2, 2008.

  1. zali0n macrumors regular

    Nov 23, 2006
    Kent, UK
    I'm off to NYC next week and I'm thinking of taking advantage of the pound/dollar difference and purchasing a Drobo. I've loooked at the power supply and it can be used in the UK, the only thing I need to know is what type of power cable does it use? Can I remove it use a UK power plug cable with it or is it non-removable?
  2. mpshay macrumors 6502

    May 19, 2008
    The cord that goes between the transformer and the wall outlet is removable from the transformer itself
  3. Peterkro macrumors 68020


    Aug 17, 2004
    Communard de Londres,Tiocfaidh ár lá
    As you say it's a 100-240v power supply so you can just chop the US style plug top off and stick a UK one on. You could probably buy the cable that goes to the power supply but it's a slightly uncommon 3 pin arrangement so easier just to fit a new plug top.

Share This Page