Can someone clarify using a Verizon Iphone 6 on T-mobile

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CarRamRod, Oct 2, 2014.

1. CarRamRod macrumors member

The facts as I understand them:

1. A Verizon Iphone 6/6+ comes from the factory UNLOCKED (with conditions...see below).

2. Therefore one could buy a Verizon iphone 6 and simply put in a Tmobile sim and have all the normal functionality one would get with a T-mobile Iphone 6 (visual voice mail, 4g LTE etc).

3. The Verizon Iphone 6 MUST BE PURCHASED AT FULL RETAIL PRICE FROM APPLE STORE ONLY.

In other words, for #3, acquiring a Verizon phone at a subsidized price (either from Apple or a Verizon store) will cause it to be locked to Verizon.

I have an opportunity to get a Verizon phone at a subsidy as a family member doesn't want to use theirs and offered it to me. Since I can't find a tmobile Iphone anywhere, I was hoping to use a Verizon phone on the Tmobile network. But of course this would be pointless if all Verizon phones purchased at a subsidy are locked.

2. Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

Verizon phones, regardless if they are bought via subsidy, are unlocked the day you purchase them.

Now if you purchase an iPhone via Verizon Edge and fail to make the payments on it but keep the phone anyways, might have the phone blocked from Verizon network (but still can be used on other GSM carriers) and a collection on your credit report.

3. 617aircav Suspended

4. Dreday24 macrumors regular

1. buy phone
    2. remove old sim card
    3. put in your sim card
    4. turn it on.