Can someone clarify whether you can cancel an AT&T order?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JoelMarcey, Jun 10, 2009.

1. JoelMarcey macrumors 6502

JoelMarcey

Hi,

I just wanted to get some clarification....

Seeing that whole 35% cashback thing has got me wondering whether or not to cancel my current order with AT&T and ordering again. I am hearing conflicting reports whether you can cancel an already placed order or not. I don't see a way to cancel it using my order number, but that doesn't mean it can't be done.

Has anyone successfully cancelled their AT&T order? (I almost hope the answer is no so I don't have to go through the whole process again -- make my life easier if I just let things be :rolleyes:)

Thanks!

2. exhibit.b macrumors regular

http://www.wireless.att.com/answer-center/main.jsp?t=solutionTab&ft=searchTab&ps=solutionPanels&locale=en_US&_dyncharset=UTF-8&solutionId=52674&isSrch=Yes

Question:
    How do I cancel an order I placed online?
    Answer:

Because the process of fulfilling the order begins as soon as it is placed, an order placed online cannot be canceled prior to shipment. You can choose to either refuse the delivery of the device or return the unwanted purchase after it arrives in accordance with the information below.

Returns

All unwanted equipment purchased through AT&T's wireless website should be returned within 30 days to:

AT&T
    Attention: Returns Center
    13550 Independence Parkway
    Fort Worth, Texas 76177

(Do not return equipment purchased from another location to this address. Please return all equipment to the place you purchased it from.)

To receive a full refund, equipment must be returned in like-new condition, with no visible damage, and accompanied by a receipt. All accessories should be included.

For further assistance or more detail about AT&T's return policies, please access and read our Return Policy.

3. JoelMarcey thread starter macrumors 6502

JoelMarcey

Thanks. That is what I thought. But I saw someone said they were able to cancel.

Actually is a bit of relief actually. I can move on with my day, even though I am out $60 or so ;)