Can someone cleanup this logo in Photoshop?

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by JPDJR, Feb 25, 2016.

1. JPDJR macrumors newbie

JPDJR

I don't know how to clean up this logo in Photoshop and enlarge it. It's looks too pixelated. Can someone help me out?
    View attachment 618382

Attached Files:

2. TylerBFerris macrumors newbie

TylerBFerris

Here's what I've came up with:

Attached Files:

• Logo.png
      Logo.png
      File size:
      132.9 KB
      Views:
  3. glentoovey macrumors newbie

Attached Files:

• logo.png
      logo.png
      File size:
      62.6 KB
      Views:
  4. superscape macrumors 6502a

superscape

Hi,

Where did the logo come from?

It looks reasonably professional so odds are it was designed in Illustrator or some other vector package. If you can get hold of the original Illustrator file then you can save it out as whatever size png, jpeg or whatever you like without it getting pixelated.

If not, then it might be worth your while recreating it in Illustrator for future use.

5. JPDJR thread starter macrumors newbie

JPDJR

Man that is perfect, thank you so much, your awesome!! I'm changing my landscaping business name and
    thats my logo. If someone out there has any ideas as to a logo or come up with one
    that would be greatly appreciated. I have Photoshop CS6 and Illustrator I just don't know how to use it yet LOL.
    here's what i want to add to it:

Attached Files:

6. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

It's up to you, but I wouldn't have picked those fonts for your company name because the serifs are all hard angles that have no curvature. You should want a serif font with nice curves to complement the logo. Try the cool archive.com for free fonts that should work better.

7. JPDJR thread starter macrumors newbie

JPDJR

Yea your absolutely right. Sounds like you know what you're doing. Can you suggest a font that would go with the logo?

8. MacGizmo macrumors 6502a

MacGizmo

So you downloaded a preview thumbnail from a "cheap logo design" site, probably without paying for it, and now you want people to assist in the crime by cleaning it up?

This is what's wrong with the design business these days.

9. JPDJR, Mar 3, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2016

JPDJR thread starter macrumors newbie

JPDJR

Let's say I did or didn't. Or what if I modify it or not? No one in this world is a saint and everyone's done something that they shouldn't have been doing, regardless of what it was, and if you're accusing me acting like you've never done a wrong in your life or ANYONE else for that matter...that's a lie in itself. Dont be a Hippocrate

10. superscape, Mar 7, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2016

superscape macrumors 6502a

superscape

*sigh*

Okay, in the hopes of putting this one to bed:

Your logo is pixellated because you're using a bitmap format e.g. jpg, png. These can only be enlarged so far before they pixellate. You need to use a vector format as your master copy. Vector images are resolution independent and so can be enlarged to any size without loss of quality.

Depending on what you're doing, you may be able to use a vector image (e.g. if you're designing for print), in which case stick with the vector image. If you're doing something for a web page then you probably want a png/jpg/gif in which case, open up your vector artwork (e.g. in Illustrator or similar) and export a copy to the specs you need.

If you go back to where you got your logo from in the first place, which I assume was: http://www.logologo.com/logo.php?id=25 then you can download the free version which includes vector format logos (ai, pdf, eps).

If you need any edits and lack the software and/or ability and/or time to do the work yourself then you might want to take up the site's $95 customisation offer.

11. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

Well, to put things in perspective you want free work from someone elses business to supplement your own business...graphic design isn't cheap or easy and requires a lot of knowledge and understanding of colors, shapes, visual layout, typography, and weeks creating mockup designs, etc.

12. uburoibob macrumors regular

This is your defense? First, you didn't even know you weren't stealing something - you thought you were. But, no, somebody offered that logo up for free, so you are off the hook. But just seeing what you wrote on this subject when you believed you'd stolen it - KNOWING YOU WERE CHEATING SOMEONE.

Why would anyone ever want to hire a cheat who justifies it by believing 'everyone does it.' Most people I know, myself included, would NEVER do it. I doubt your business is anywhere near me, but I'd go out of my way to tell people to steer clear of DYSON LAWNCARE.

13. ctompkins5 macrumors newbie

Ummm...you posted in a forum that is full of graphic designers who make their living designing logos, and then have the audacity 1) to essentially admit that you are stealing the logo, 2) to make a feeble attempt at justifying by saying "everyone does it", 3) to actually ask these designers to help you steal from other designers! You win the evil genius award! Idiot!

WTF is wrong with people today?!?!

You claim to be a business owner, you of all people should know better. Imagine if someone were refusing to pay you for your work.