Can someone confirm for me

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Scubadave, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Scubadave macrumors newbie

Updated to iOS4 today.

1. I have iTunes and an iPhone.

2. I have 6 gigs of music, 1.5 gigs of apps, 3 gigs of podcasts/videos.

3. I have Windows XP.

4. When I sync my iPhone with iTunes for new music/books/podcasts.

5. It WILL BACK UP MY PHONE EVERY SINGLE ****** TIME.

7. Backing up WILL TAKE A LONG LONG LONG....................LOOONG TIME.

Is this 'just' a windows xp problem? Or is this something encounted on other operating systems?

I would use my MAC to update my phone and sync with iTunes but it would require losing everything and starting from scratch.

I honestly have no idea why the world is so welcoming to Apple and it's stranglehold of the Smartphone market.

7. Finally (Currently) the only way to get around the problem that I've found is, to allow it to backup say ~10%, (Which takes a rapid 25 minutes). Then proceed to cancel the backup at which point it will proceed to begin syncing.

Sigh...

iTunes KILLED my inner child.

2. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Where did you hear that? Sure you'll have to resync your music, movies, and photos, but I hardly consider that losing everything.

3. cowsrus macrumors 6502

hit the x next to the status bar when it is backing up
    stops the back up process but not the syncing process

4. Scubadave thread starter macrumors newbie

Well I have music scattered around my PC all nicely collectively added to my windows XP machines iTunes db.

Aswell as books, purchased music, podcasts itunes University lectures (500 megs a piece), etc.

Now to migrate that to my MAC is simply not ideal.

I've had trouble with DRM purchased music before, so I'm not confident that it will be a smooth process.

I shouldnt have to

Let me repeat that

I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO.

And yes Cowsrus, I agree, the only way to proceed is to wait for the backup to be underway before after X amount of time pressing x to cancel the back up and begin syncing.

It's not exactly in the manual...