Can someone confirm if AirDrop is working on current PB's?

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by mujtaba.mir9, Aug 8, 2015.

1. mujtaba.mir9, Aug 8, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2015

mujtaba.mir9 macrumors regular

mujtaba.mir9

I am running my 13' 2015 rMBP on El Capitan PB4 Build 15A243d and my iPhone 6 on iOS9 PB3 Build 13A4325c. Handoff and Continuity is working alright, but file sharing by AirDrop seems to be not working. Can anyone check and see if they have the same problem or not?

Thank you.

2. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

It's working for me, but still as unreliable as ever, in that it doesn't always detect my other devices.

3. mujtaba.mir9 thread starter macrumors regular

mujtaba.mir9

Thanks for the reply. I seem to have everything that it needs, but just can't see my devices. I have got the same WiFi network, bluetooth on and also the same iCloud accounts logged in. Does anyone know a workaround for this maybe?

4. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

I wish I knew, because Airdrop is one of those features which has never really "just worked" for me. It seemed to get better with the OS X 10.0.4 patch (not perfect, but chances of detection improved), then took a step back with the public beta. But I still get a success rate roughly half the time I use it, so I can't really tell where the problem lies.

Short of rolling back to OS X 10.10.4, I have no solutions for you.

5. mujtaba.mir9 thread starter macrumors regular

mujtaba.mir9

Man, I did everything. Just gave up. Resetting iCloud accounts on both and everything. If anyone has a clue on how to sort it out, please let me know.

6. robkat macrumors member

robkat

Air drop only worked after I downgraded to iOS 8

7. mujtaba.mir9 thread starter macrumors regular

mujtaba.mir9

A relief to know that I am not the only one there. o_O

8. rijc99 macrumors 6502a

rijc99

Works for me. Tested AirDrop from iOS9-->iOS8 and iOS9-->iOS9. Both went through with no issues.

But AirDrop as a whole has always been hit and miss when I was on versions prior to iOS9.

9. BrettApple macrumors 65816

BrettApple

This test marks the second time I've ever used Air Drop. The first was when it became a feature originally. Haha.

I just Air Drop'ed 5 pictures and a 600MB HD video from my MacBook Air (2015, El Cap PB4) to my just upgraded iPhone 6 Plus on iOS 9 PB3. I also sent some from the iPhone to the MBA and it worked too. Nothing special and both were upgraded from iOS 8 and Yosemite directly. Soo, it can work. FWIW.

10. intofx macrumors regular

PB 3 works for me. PB2 did not.glad it was fixed

11. mujtaba.mir9 thread starter macrumors regular

mujtaba.mir9

Any idea how I can fix my AirDrop? Is there a checklist of things to troubleshoot?

12. mujtaba.mir9 thread starter macrumors regular

mujtaba.mir9

Clearly something wrong at my end then.

13. XTheLancerX macrumors 68000

XTheLancerX

I have used AirDrop between my iOS devices more in iOS 9 than in any other iOS version because my iCloud Photo Library has been completely screwed by iOS 9 and it won't sync. My iPhone is stuck at "172 items to upload" but it never actually starts uploading.

Anyway, it has worked fine. Can't say anything for iOS to OS X and OS X to iOS because I don't have a Mac.

14. Mad4clay macrumors regular

15. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

In here, airdrop doesn't work between Mac and iOS device. But between iOS devices is fine.

Didn't do deeper test, but sometimes I want to airdrop something between Mac and iOS device, and airdrop stopping working makes me feel really crazy.

16. Raelkadd macrumors newbie

Raelkadd

17. stringent macrumors 6502

stringent

Using PB3 seemed to have fixed the issue where I couldn't send to an iPhone running 8.4 in previous PB. Its only been a few times, but each time its picked it up. Not immediate, about 5 or so seconds.

18. mujtaba.mir9 thread starter macrumors regular

mujtaba.mir9

I went through it while I was troubleshooting on my own. My router only supports 2.4 Ghz so it is because of something else that stupid AirDrop isn't working.