Can someone confirm that this works?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by applemagic123, Jun 28, 2012.

1. applemagic123 thread starter macrumors regular

applemagic123

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

we don't thread bump on MR per the forum rules. I haven't tried it sorry

3. cclloyd macrumors 68000

cclloyd

Just get AdBlocker. Works for Safari ads and iAds in all apps.

4. applemagic123 thread starter macrumors regular

applemagic123

No, it does not. You fail. It's just a waste of $2. I only care about iads, I can care less about ads in safari because the websites I go to don't have ads.

5. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Now this is the way to get some assistance. (sarcasm intended)

6. applemagic123 thread starter macrumors regular

applemagic123

Ok dude. I need to restore my phone anyway...so I tried this.

I added those texts to the hosts file. I deleted all of those files except for "iAd" because I cannot find it with iFile. Can someone help me locate that file please???

It kinda works except a couple apps still have dang iAds. My phone still works as usual. :apple::D

Again, can someone please help me locate "iAd" since iFile cannot locate it. Thanks.

7. JohnDoe98, Jul 9, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2012

JohnDoe98 macrumors 68020

This site has ads and you obviously come here, ergo...

But in seriousness, I'd also like to know how to elimate iads.

8. JohnDoe98, Jul 9, 2012

Iad.framework is in: system/library/frameworks
    Iadcore.framework is in: system/library/privateframeworks
    Iadframework.axbundle is in : system/library/accessibilitybundles
    Com.apple.iad.cookiedb is in : private/var/mobile/library/cookies
    Adsheet is in : library/application support
    Adsheet.axbundle is in : system/library/accessibilitybundles
    Adsheet.app is in : private/var/stash/applcations.h8xzlx

Deleting them all should work. Let us know of any instabilities. Also notice the host file you edit according to your link contain links to admob.com, I'm wondering if that just replaces one form of ads for another.

9. applemagic123 thread starter macrumors regular

applemagic123

I can care less about the ads in safari. What I don't like is the small little 1 centimeter ad that is always on the top or bottom of an app. My finger always hits it and opens up the damn advertizement. It's a waste of space. I know without it it just shows a black space but it's still better than a stupid ad using up valuable data. It also slows down the device because the stupid ads keep refreshing with new ones. So annoying.

And again, I need to know where the "iAd" file is located at since iFile cannot locate it. I had a hard time locating the other files but managed to find them. For those just reading this, please read my last post as well. Thanks. My phone still operates as normal, all I need to do is delete the "iAd" file.

10. JohnDoe98 macrumors 68020

I already posted the paths.... Go to the root folder in ifile, swipe down, enter name in search box and select hierarchies, not directories. It now reveals locations of those files.

11. applemagic123 thread starter macrumors regular

applemagic123

Thanks dude. I REALLY appreciate it! :D Did all that, rebooted iphone 4, everything works as normal. Still just a couple apps that still have ads but I guess I'll just have to live with it. It's just stupid grindr and one other social networking site (um yah I'm gay deal with it lol).

And I think it completely got rid of ads in pandora. Nothing pops up. I have pandoraskips from cydia installed and I've skipped several times and I have not gotten a single commercial yet. I'll keep you guys posted if I encounter any problems. If everything is cool, I'll restore tomorrow and start fresh with everything. My phone has been slightly slow. Not enough to bug me but with all the removing and installing crap that I've been doing and deleting a bunch of photos I suppose my ssd needs a fresh start.

BY THE WAY, THE HOST FILE I HAVE IS FROM HERE, which I've edited with the text from the link in the OP: http://www.sinfuliphone.com/showthread.php?t=107743

12. JohnDoe98, Jul 9, 2012

Ah, I see now, 127.0.0.1 is non-existing server so anything next to that is blocked by he host file? The one you linked is indeed much more comprehensive. Thanks.

13. JohnDoe98, Jul 9, 2012

Worked for me in one app, didn't work in talkatone though.

Update: Works for Talkatone after installing latest update, so maybe if you re-install an app it'll eliminate the ads.

14. Oberhorst, Feb 7, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2013

Oberhorst macrumors member

Oberhorst

Works fine on iOS 6/iPhone 5 even though I didn't find Com.apple.iad.cookiedb. However, it's not playing along with SBSettings. Any idea how to fix this?

Edit:

Ok just found out that there's a new version of AdBlocker (1.50-1) which now blocks iAd and AdMob, too. Works fine and SBSettings doesn't complain either! Awesome!