Can someone do me a favor please?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by intempo808, Jan 3, 2009.

1. intempo808 macrumors regular

2. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

I don't have a Mac Mini but here is a picture of the cable.

3. falterego macrumors 6502

falterego

the power cord from the outlet to the AC adapter brick is a C6 connector. The connection from the AC adapter brick to the Mini is a proprietary connector. I am wondering what speakers you have that depend on the system power connector for their own power. Most speakers I've seen have their own power adapter, or are powered over USB.

4. intempo808 thread starter macrumors regular

I have a pair of speakers, but they have a sub-woofer for the bass, so that needs mains power and the little speakers plug into the back of the sub-woofer... Weird set up, I know, but I think I'll have to change the socket on the end to a normal plug... Can't be too difficult... :confused:

:D

5. falterego macrumors 6502

falterego

I'd imagine you should be able to plug in a standard C14 cable from your surge protector to the sub. You shouldn't have to power it off the CPU power supply. Some older computers have a power supply like this one with an outlet usually used for a monitor. If you have something like that then you can just plug your sub into the surge protector and bypass the daisy chain setup.

6. intempo808 thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, thats exactly the power thing I have... Hmm, I'll just stick a plug on the end instead of the connector it has now and hope for the best lol...:cool:

Thanks again people :D