Can someone explain the difference between Dreamweaver and Contribute?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by maclover001, Mar 18, 2009.

1. maclover001 macrumors 6502a

maclover001

The only difference I see is Dreamweaver edits your site locally and Contribute edits off the server. Is that the only difference?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Contribute is all about collaboration as well, but essentially you are correct.

3. NXTMIKE macrumors 6502

If you're considering purchasing one or the other, be sure to download the free 30-day trials from adobe.com

But, Dreamweaver is usually where web developers will code and lay out a website, order and construct the site's skeleton. Once the site is online, small changes are usually done through Adobe Contribute, especially when there are numerous people involved, like updating a blog, adding a new product to an online catalog, etc... (when people 'contribute' to the already built site)

That was my opinion of the differences, however other people will have different opinions.

Also, if you're thinking of buying one or the other to make a website from scratch, get Dreamweaver. Contribute is not meant to be making websites from scratch, it is limited in functions for that matter.

4. maclover001 thread starter macrumors 6502a

maclover001

5. maclover001 thread starter macrumors 6502a

maclover001