Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Laser47

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 8, 2004
Maryland
Ive installed classic but, it does not show up in system prefrences, can someone send me their Classic.prefPane file.
Its located in /System/Library/PreferencePanes/Classic.prefPane

20rogersc

macrumors 65816
Jun 28, 2005
Brighton, UK
I will if it's 'legal'. If someone can confirm that its ok to do so I'll send you an email later tonight (when I'm on my iBook).

::20ROGERSC::

20rogersc

macrumors 65816
Jun 28, 2005
Brighton, UK
Plymouthbreezer said:
I hardly think Apple cares. Anyway, it's probably a mess up on their end that caused it to disappear, not the user.
Ok thanks for that Plymouthbreezer, Laser47 I will try and email you by tomorrrow with it attatched if thats OK?

pLaYm0biL

macrumors newbie
Nov 25, 2005
Madrid
whatta neewbie am i

hey laser same problem down here :(
but this hings only happens to happy and brand new swichers :p can you pls send me the same file? i´d also sended you an email. thanks man.

20rogersc

macrumors 65816
Jun 28, 2005
Brighton, UK
pLaYm0biL said:
hey laser same problem down here :(
but this hings only happens to happy and brand new swichers :p can you pls send me the same file? i´d also sended you an email. thanks man.
If you require it still email/PM me and I'll get it to you by tomorrow.

pLaYm0biL

macrumors newbie
Nov 25, 2005
Madrid
:))))))))

20rogersc said:
Just a quick hint, my names not roger :D Surname might be ROGERS but thats as far as it goes :cool:

Will send it to you tomorrow.

ooops, ur right ! sorry for that ROGERS, w/o my glasses im as blind as a bat :D :cool: (maybe thats y im actually deleting files im not supposedd to touch, instead of keep them exactly where they r) :p :rolleyes: ;)

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
Please note that Classic does not normally appear in System Preferences until you attempt to run an OS 9 app. If Classic isn't appearing, run an old app and see what happens.

pLaYm0biL

macrumors newbie
Nov 25, 2005
Madrid
Nermal said:
Please note that Classic does not normally appear in System Preferences until you attempt to run an OS 9 app. If Classic isn't appearing, run an old app and see what happens.

hi nermal! ive tryed to run os9 apps and all of them r runnning fine, but the os9 icon at pref pane still missing :(

pLaYm0biL

macrumors newbie
Nov 25, 2005
Madrid
hip hip

hey boys, i found an answer :rolleyes: i´ve just found out that i can extract the original classic.prefpane file from my installation cd, using this app called Pacifist (http://www.charlessoft.com/), that lets you extract from the Mac OS X .pkg package the one i need :eek: thanks for those who tryed to help, Nermal, roger (rogers!):D i´ll bother u more when i found out that "ooops, i did it again" :cool:cheers

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.