can someone give me some helpful advice

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by mustachebandit, May 15, 2010.

1. mustachebandit macrumors newbie

OK here is my problem, recently i had to get a replacement iphone because my old one cracked bad, upon relieving it, i went to jailbreak it. First i used spirit, one click. Done. When going into cydia though my wifi seems to cap out, ultimately just disconnecting, at some point the wifi option was greyed out. I then read some where that if i were to reset wifi network on the iphone this solves this problem, i did that and nothing. I then thought to use a new jailbreak so i used redsn0w and this worked fine too, i then went to use cydia and it had errors downloading and again my wifi capped out. Is this an iphone hardward problem or something with the jailbreak process or what???? im trying to jailbreak 3.1.3 and even though im successfull its the wifi and cydia thats ***** my over..any help?

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

3. mustachebandit thread starter macrumors newbie

meaning wont connect, it just goes straight to 3g, i tried resetting and everything, sometimes it would stay on that little spinning wheel searching for service.

4. mustachebandit thread starter macrumors newbie

so im gonna stay in regular unjailbroken mode (in case anyone cares) to see if its hardware issue or jailbroken issue. for the time being.

5. labman macrumors 604

labman

well

I'm 3.1.3 3GS jb with spirit no Wifi or out of the ordinary signal issues.

6. mustachebandit thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah if its in regular unjailbroken then it goes to 3g too. i have to wait till monday to get a replacement now according to apple customer service.

7. labman macrumors 604

labman

I don't see

Anywhere in your thread where it talks about spirit causing a wifi issue I though we were blaming that one on Blackra1n. I know anything that goes wrong with a phone is spirit also said he had the same issue with redsno0w. when I see Dev-team agree with this I will believe it.

8. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

You could try downloading the Push Fix from Cydia.

9. bella92108 macrumors 68000

Why would dev team agree with a flaw in Spirit? They have nothing to do with it, but whatever, don't ask questions if you're not going to listen to other peoples' experiences.

10. labman macrumors 604

labman

Because

the Dev-Team has posted Spirit is a a good Exploit in fact they say it's the best out at the moment. Musslenerd among others on the Dev-Team beta tested spirit. they also understand exactly how the exploit works and what it does. ;) I am not saying you are right or wrong. but 1st TS is talking about a problem totally different then the issue in your thread. any way I done with this. good luck TS hope you get it solved.