Can someone help decipher this Kernel Panic

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by KScottMyers, Jun 23, 2015.

1. KScottMyers macrumors regular

Can someone help decipher this kernel panic? It happens about once a day.

This is on a 2012 Quad Core, 2.6 Mac mini, 16 GB RAM.

I have already replaced the RAM, performed a clean OS Yosemite 10.10.3 install on multiple drives, reset PRAM and SMC. There are no peripherals attached. Using a bluetooth Apple keyboard and mouse. Its hooked to a Apple Thunderbolt Display.

Its driving me crazy...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10055525/Kernel_Panic.rtf

Mac mini, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), 2012 Quad Core, 2.6, 16GB RAM, SSD

2. ActionableMango macrumors 604

ActionableMango

Initially, it looks like there's a problem with the GPU. Are you doing anything unusual on that front? Does the KP always happen when doing something specific? I.E. running a Photoshop filter, viewing a certain website, monitor coming back on from sleep, etc...?

On the other hand, despite what you say, this kernel panic doesn't look like it's from a mac with a clean install. At the very least you installed Avast, which in my opinion, is bad software and I suggest you do a clean OS X install and never install Avast again.

3. KScottMyers thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the info - I need to update this post. I have now solved the issue.

Avast was installed in an attempt to see if I was possibly affected by some virus or malware. Its now been removed - but it wasn't the issue and the mini still crashed every few hours.

I noticed I kept dropping the connection to my bluetooth mouse and keyboard. Since I had basically tried everything i could think of, I replaced the Bluetooth/Airport card with one I had from a retired 2011 mini - its the same part number.

All Kernel Panics have stopped. I've been running good for 3 days non-stop.

Crazy.