iPod can someone help fix this

icesac26

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 30, 2005
Sacramento
I have some shows of same show, dif season, and artwork for them too. but sometimes the show both for each season (what I want), and sometimes they just show the 1st one. How do I change it, and how do I stop it from not allowing me to change info on some, they (some) seem to be locked.

Plus in music, I have tons of same album and art, but I cant get it to read they are the same, so It is coming up as multiple different in coverflow

so does anyone have an idea of why this is happening and maybe ideas of how to fix it

Gymnut

macrumors 68000
Apr 18, 2003
Yes, I'm a little perplexed myself. If you want to change the album artwork on a given show or song/album, select Get Info under the File Menu and click on the Artwork tab.

icesac26

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 30, 2005
Sacramento
ok so...

I know the get info stuff. So here is a little more detail. Say you have season box sets at home, and they all have different looks for each season. I tunes also has different artwork too, but it is not showing up like that on my cover flow, even though in the art tab it has the diff art. EX: I have Kyle XY Show, all of it. Season one has one art, and season two has another. What I want is to see both like a box set season would be.

The music example is this, I have the whole Janet Album. and art, but when I look at the cover flow It show as all diff albums, but I want them all to look like one album, just like most of the others do.

Does that make more sence??

Thanks,

KD7IWP

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2004
American living in Canada
Ok, I'm not sure if this is the perfect answer, but I think I see what you're getting at. In the Get Info pane, you can specify that a number of shows are part of the same season, but you can also say that they are all disc 1 of 1 or so. My example is that I had some songs that I got from different spots (half of them from a disc and half of them from the iTunes store) and in cover flow it looked like I had two separate copies of the CD. What I did was specify that all the songs collectively were on disc 1 of 1 and then they only showed up one time in Cover flow. So perhaps with your TV shows or seasons you can change that setting. My apologies if this is not what you are looking for.

swiftaw

macrumors 603
Jan 31, 2005
Omaha, NE, USA
The music example is this, I have the whole Janet Album. and art, but when I look at the cover flow It show as all diff albums, but I want them all to look like one album, just like most of the others do.

Thanks,
Select all the songs on the album, get info, and change the 'Album Artist' to Janet Jackson. That should now make it show up as a single album in coverflow

icesac26

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 30, 2005
Sacramento
the music one worked, but

well the music one worked, but the tv show idea didn't, and I even tried the music idea, and added season two to it and disk 2 of 2, and that still didn't work. Any other ideas guys?