can someone help fix this

Discussion in 'iPod' started by icesac26, Jul 17, 2007.

1. icesac26 macrumors member

icesac26

I have some shows of same show, dif season, and artwork for them too. but sometimes the show both for each season (what I want), and sometimes they just show the 1st one. How do I change it, and how do I stop it from not allowing me to change info on some, they (some) seem to be locked.

Plus in music, I have tons of same album and art, but I cant get it to read they are the same, so It is coming up as multiple different in coverflow

so does anyone have an idea of why this is happening and maybe ideas of how to fix it

2. KD7IWP macrumors 6502a

KD7IWP

Honestly, I don't understand what you are asking. I re-read the post a few times and your wording seemed very confusing, sorry.

3. Gymnut macrumors 68000

Gymnut

Yes, I'm a little perplexed myself. If you want to change the album artwork on a given show or song/album, select Get Info under the File Menu and click on the Artwork tab.

4. icesac26 thread starter macrumors member

icesac26

ok so...

I know the get info stuff. So here is a little more detail. Say you have season box sets at home, and they all have different looks for each season. I tunes also has different artwork too, but it is not showing up like that on my cover flow, even though in the art tab it has the diff art. EX: I have Kyle XY Show, all of it. Season one has one art, and season two has another. What I want is to see both like a box set season would be.

The music example is this, I have the whole Janet Album. and art, but when I look at the cover flow It show as all diff albums, but I want them all to look like one album, just like most of the others do.

Does that make more sence??

Thanks,

5. KD7IWP macrumors 6502a

KD7IWP

Ok, I'm not sure if this is the perfect answer, but I think I see what you're getting at. In the Get Info pane, you can specify that a number of shows are part of the same season, but you can also say that they are all disc 1 of 1 or so. My example is that I had some songs that I got from different spots (half of them from a disc and half of them from the iTunes store) and in cover flow it looked like I had two separate copies of the CD. What I did was specify that all the songs collectively were on disc 1 of 1 and then they only showed up one time in Cover flow. So perhaps with your TV shows or seasons you can change that setting. My apologies if this is not what you are looking for.

6. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

Select all the songs on the album, get info, and change the 'Album Artist' to Janet Jackson. That should now make it show up as a single album in coverflow

7. icesac26 thread starter macrumors member

icesac26

the music one worked, but

well the music one worked, but the tv show idea didn't, and I even tried the music idea, and added season two to it and disk 2 of 2, and that still didn't work. Any other ideas guys?