Can someone help me out with an Amazon Trade-In?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kryptticAZ, Oct 20, 2015.

1. kryptticAZ macrumors regular

I'm trading in my iPhone 6 128GB Silver to Amazon. It was activated on AT&T for a year, but AT&T just unlocked it since it's out of contract now. My question is, which of the two models below do I have to trade-in? The two listed on Amazon are:

- Apple iPhone 6 128GB (4.7-inch) 4G LTE Factory Unlocked GSM Dual-Core Smartphone - Silver ($537.27)
    - Apple iPhone 6 128GB 4G LTE Unlocked GSM Cell Phone - Silver ($430.04)

As far as I can tell, these are exactly the same. Why then the discrepancy in price and which am I supposed to choose? Anybody else trade their iPhone in on Amazon and successfully chosen?

Thanks.

2. Divergent17 macrumors newbie

Divergent17

Wow those two are very alike but I believe the 1st one says 'factory' unlocked while the second one says unlocked. Since AT&T unlocked your phone and you didn't get it straight from the factory, you will have to choose the second one. That's why the prices are different and the first one is worth more. So you won't have any other option then to choose the second offer which is for $430. My advice would be to act soon since this deal definitely won't be available after a couple months. Good Luck!

3. CEmajr macrumors 601

I'd choose the higher one since they're the exact same thing.

4. JTravers macrumors 6502a

I'd be careful. After you click the "Trade-in now" button, on the page where you choose condition you'll see that they list an EAN and a UPC for the item. If you want to qualify for "Like New" condition, the original box and accessories are required. They could easily check to make sure the UPCs match, and if they don't either downgrade your condition or return the phone to you (depending on which option you chose at the time of trade-in).

Personally, I wouldn't risk it. I would only trade in under the item that matches your UPC.

5. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

You can click what ever one you want. Amazon will choose in the end.

6. andyw715 macrumors 6502a

When trading in my 6 Plus (128GB gold ATT) I was given 2 choices: ATT or unlocked.
    It is unlocked by ATT, so I emailed Amazon and they said if ATT unlocked it, to choose Unlocked.
    Not the same situation as yours but similar.

I setup 2 trade-ins, one for unlocked and one for ATT.

You have 45 days to send it in, which is enough to lock in the price now, send it in under the higher one and see if they reject it.

I sent mine on the 19th and they received it today.

7. kryptticAZ thread starter macrumors regular

Neither of the UPC's listed seem to match. I guess all I can do is send it in and hope for the best...

8. JTravers macrumors 6502a

9. brentsg macrumors 68040

If the UPC doesn't match they will usually send it back. The last couple items I had this happen with came back in envelopes and badly damaged by not being properly packaged.