Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aznguyen316

macrumors 68010
Original poster
Oct 1, 2008
Tampa, FL
Hi I've noticed randomly my top screen is unresponsive to touch and want to make it's not me. I can replicate it in an app so I want to make sure it's not the app. iPod touch 4g users please download "sol free" a free solitaire game. Anyway just load up a new game and tap quickly the draw card in top right corner portrait mode. It doesn't deal at each quick successive tap for me but on gf 2g is no problem for super quick taps it deals each time for each tap. Current one will one or two times then just doesn't read my finger taps.

The reason this is an issue is because I've noticed the unresponsiveness randomly on other apps or programs and just thought it was me..

Thanks to anyone willing to try this for me.

Hi I've noticed randomly my top screen is unresponsive to touch and want to make it's not me. I can replicate it in an app so I want to make sure it's not the app. iPod touch 4g users please download "sol free" a free solitaire game. Anyway just load up a new game and tap quickly the draw card in top right corner portrait mode. It doesn't deal at each quick successive tap for me but on gf 2g is no problem for super quick taps it deals each time for each tap. Current one will one or two times then just doesn't read my finger taps.

The reason this is an issue is because I've noticed the unresponsiveness randomly on other apps or programs and just thought it was me..

Thanks to anyone willing to try this for me.

OK, I already had this app so I tried it on my 4G, I had the same problem. Then I got my mums 3G and it also had the same issue. Don't have a 2G so can't test that for you.

Hope this is helpful.

Cuz03

macrumors member
Aug 8, 2010
I tried all five of the solitaire game types in sol free and can confirm it works for me. No touch problems. Is this the only app where this happens to you?

SoraLimit

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2010
It's weird, cause I can't press the top-right cards after three times, but other then that , it's pretty responsive.

aznguyen316

macrumors 68010
Original poster
Oct 1, 2008
Tampa, FL
Thanks members. I've had unresponsiveness on other apps like the top bar of good reader on landscape mode. I'll try uninstalling the app and see. I experienced some in other apps i forget. I appreciate the help.

Cuz03

macrumors member
Aug 8, 2010
Thanks members. I've had unresponsiveness on other apps like the top bar of good reader on landscape mode. I'll try uninstalling the app and see. I experienced some in other apps i forget. I appreciate the help.

You should just take it to apple. All iPod touches come with a free 1year software or hardware warranty but better to do it before they start to give out refurbished ones instead

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.