can someone help me understand this text?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ThisIsMyName, Apr 12, 2008.

1. ThisIsMyName macrumors regular

ThisIsMyName

can someone help me understand this?
    It would just be helpful if you re-wrote it in you own words. Make it so a 10 year old could understand it but still explain what each part is.

If you follow my laws, and faithfully observe my commandments…Your threshing shall overtake vintage, and your vintage shall overtake the sowing; you shall eat your fill of bread and dwell securely in your land…I will look with favor upon you, and make you fertile and multiply you, and maintain my covenant with you…I will be ever present in your midst; I will be your God and you shall be my people.

2. Annndy! macrumors regular

Annndy!

Basically God saying to His chosen people (Israel) that if they follow the laws and commandments He has laid out for them, they will receive great blessings in all areas of their lives. They will be His people and He will be their God, and He will watch over them always so long as they keep His laws and commandments.

3. Gelfin macrumors 68020

Gelfin

If you do what I say, your crops will be so abundant that you won't even be able to keep up with it all, you'll have plenty to eat and no enemies will attack you. I will make sure you have lots of children, and will not violate this agreement with you. I will stay with you forever, in an exclusive god-worshippers relationship.

4. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

I was having enough trouble keeping the three Andy's I already knew of straight. :eek:

5. Annndy! macrumors regular

Annndy!

Just remember, the one with the "!" in his name is the one who deciphers religious text! :p

6. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

That's nothin' - read it in the King James version. Some bible versions/translations are easy to decipher, some are very difficult, and I like to read.

Thy hast not experienceth a hard time if thou doth not readeth from this version...