Can someone help me with a simple applescript for adium?

Discussion in 'Mac Programming' started by elbirth, Jun 19, 2007.

1. elbirth macrumors 65816

I say simple because I imagine it should be simple to do, but as I'm programming-impaired, it's not such a trivial task for me...

I've been messing around with the app BluePhoneElite, and it has a really cool feature where when your cell phone (also the person using it, naturally) gets out of bluetooth range of the computer, the app can do a few things. For example, when I have my cell phone on me and leave the computer, once I'm out of range iTunes will pause, the screen saver can come up (possibly password protected for security), iChat's status can be changed, etc. However, I don't use iChat.

The app will also run an AppleScript if you so desire... so in that case, I don't see why it wouldn't be possible to write up a short AppleScript that changes Adium's status to a pre-defined away state.

Would someone be willing to lend me a hand?

2. elbirth thread starter macrumors 65816

actually, I guess this thread can be overlooked... I didn't realize Adium's site had a section specifically for AppleScripts, and I actually found a script specifically for this.

Works perfectly... here's the link in case anyone else is interested: http://www.adiumxtras.com/index.php?a=xtras&xtra_id=2910