Can someone help me with EyeTV App? (Linksys: Port Forwarding)

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by cecoleman, Dec 2, 2009.

1. cecoleman macrumors regular

Hello everyone. I've had the EyeTV app installed on my phone for a while and I can't access my tuner outside my own network. When I'm in the apartment I can access the Tuner as long as I am connected to my router. However outside of my apartment, say in a coffee shop or other wifi locale, It won't connect. I have a Linksys Wireless N Router (WRT160Nv2) with the latest firmware installed. I have port 2780 port fowarded in the router settings but it still will not work. The EyeTV program on my iMac still says (Automatic Configuration of Router Failed). I have the Hybrid tuner installed on the iMac. I've tried every combination it seems with my router config to get this to work to no avail. Is there a trick to this? Something I'm forgetting about? Anyone have a solution for me?

2. cecoleman thread starter macrumors regular

Really? No one here has dealt with this sort of thing?

3. pixelated macrumors 6502a

pixelated

1st off, i don't use the program, but have recently dabbled with some port forwarding from my router.

As the Automatic feature has failed you will have to forward the signal from the router to the computer.
    In your router settings you have to make a service/rule/exception for incoming information.
    Your computers LAN address e.g. 192.168.1.2 is where the information needs to forwarded, the port is 2170 and the protocols are UPnP or NAT-PMP.