Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SRLMJ23

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
Central New York
I just got back from D.C. and would like to put together a little movie. I read a "manual" on Apple but it isn't right or I don't know how to read. I can put the pictures in and know how to mess with the transitions but how do I put in a Title and music? Forgive me if this is a stupid question, I was really thinking about taking my iPhone 4 to the closest Apple Store and have an Agent help me but I dont know if they will and it's an hour away, so I'm hoping someone here can help me out! Thank you so much, in advance.

SRLMJ23

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
Central New York
I just read another how to and I can add the photo's find any everything but when I double tap on them it doesn't bring up the option to put a title and what not, I don't understand what I am doing wrong. Please, somebody help me! Thank you again.

Laimbeersux

macrumors 6502
Aug 30, 2010
I'm a newbie at iMovie too but was just fooling with it to see if I could help you. I opened a movie project and was fiddling with stuff before seeing the little T shaped icon on the far right side of the iMovie window, clicking it, then a box popped up with possible titles on it, formats that it could be shown in. I grabbed one, dragged it to the beginning of the movie, and then clicked on the new title page. I could then make changes to the text and play with it from there. Hope that helps at least a little.

SRLMJ23

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
Central New York
See, I think I have the movie part of it down, but what about when you want to make something from ONLY pictures? I see no T anywhere. There has to be a way to add a title, like for mine it would probably just say "Washington D.C." Or can you not add text to photo only projects?

Laimbeersux

macrumors 6502
Aug 30, 2010
I guess from what I am reading you can only add text to a video project. That's a real sh***y deal.

Ok, maybe the problem is that I was talking about iMovie on my Macbook Pro, you're probably talking about it on your iPhone. That's probably it. Sorry, I don't have it on my phone yet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.