Can someone help me with iWeb?

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by Fazzl, Aug 18, 2007.

1. Fazzl macrumors 6502a

Fazzl

Im trying to make a website for my fathers weight loss center. I don't have any experience with html though. Can i make a professional looking site with iWeb? Thanks

2. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

You can make quite a good website with iWeb, though it has limitations, and the pages generally load slowly.

3. Fazzl thread starter macrumors 6502a

Fazzl

Do i have to get .MAC to use iWeb? Or what would be the best way to host it?

4. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

no .mac isn't required, I have www.erasersoft.com made with iWeb, and I don't use .Mac to host it.

5. tominated macrumors 68000

tominated

I would highly recommend RapidWeaver as an alternative to iWeb. It's not drag and drop of wysiwyg, but it craps all over iWeb. You can make a highly professional website with one of the many themes/templates that it comes with or get more from the strong user base. BW: it's really easy to use.

6. Fazzl thread starter macrumors 6502a

Fazzl

If i get a .Mac account. Can I make my own domain? Like if i want healthcare.com (if it was available) would that be included in dot mac or do I need to pay for that separately?

7. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

You would need to pay for it separately. However, you won't be able to use email with that domain name through .Mac.