can someone help me with some jailbreaking "utilities"?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by saucy1360, Sep 9, 2010.

1. saucy1360 macrumors regular

i've been jailbroken for probably almost a month now and have only done some little tweaks (five icon dock, bitesms, sbsettings, lockinfo, etc). i've heard people talk about saving SHSH blobs or something, or backing up their JB apps, and also SSHing... now, i have no idea how to do any of this. this is probably a pretty dumb question, but could anyone show some things that i should definitely do, along with a step-by-step?

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

start with the stickies On top of the forum! ;) google works well too! not being mean but one should learn how to do there one research.. really not hard.. oh youtube..

3. MrThompsonR macrumors 6502

MrThompsonR

I agree... Most of what I've learned was from YouTube videos... PS. subscribe/ send messages to the video uploaders, most of them are willing to help with any questions you might have. Joining/ reading several iPhone forums is another good idea.

4. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

I agree that there's no substitute for simply doing a lot of reading, but I'll try and point you in the right direction on a couple of things.

To save your SHSH blobs you need to get TinyUmbrella (or Cydia may have already saved them for you...when you open Cydia, look at the top and in green it should say something like "This device has SHSHs on file for iPhone 0S/iOS 4.0, 4.0.1, etc). If Cydia doesn't have them, TinyUmbrella will allow you to grab them and save them to your PC/Mac so if you ever need to restore to whatever firmware you're on now, you can.

As far as backing up your jailbroken apps, I recommend PkgBackup from Cydia. It's always worked well for me. There are other similar apps out there that others might like better, but from personal experience, I like this one.

I can't really help you with SSHing...lol...I'm still reading up and learning about it myself, so I don't want to steer you in the wrong direction on that.