Can someone help me with the HD Camera on the iPad 3?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by WizardHunt, Apr 20, 2012.

1. WizardHunt macrumors 68000

WizardHunt

I am using the new iPad 3 HD camera on the rear to take beautiful video which when displayed on the iPad is pretty good. Clear and everything. However when I email that video to another iMac user, and they display it in the email at what the iPad sends it as it will display ok. But if the Mac user will blow it up to full screen thinking that since it is HD it should be clear as the same as the smaller version it is NOT. It is a bit fuzzy or a lot fuzzy I guess one might say. What the heck am I doing wrong? I looked at the apple apple in the iPad and there is no sending options as to send it like HD or not.

Do I need to import it into iMovie for the iPad and do something there to make it clear so when the Mac user or any user for that matter see it clear if they make it full screen. I mean usually HD should go full screen and be clear. This is frustrating. Any help or advice would be really appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

2. qCzar macrumors regular

Your problem lies with the email. Most e-mail providers limit attachments to 20MB's, a 1080P video can exceed that in a matter of a minute. As a result, it's downgraded.

I suggest purchasing iMovie and uploading the video privately to YouTube. A private video cannot be seen unless a viewer has a URL and you can also protect your videos further by allowing 25 (YouTube) users to view it by specifying their account name or e-mail.

iMovie will take a while to prepare and upload the video, but if you want the quality it's the best way to go on the iPad. Of course, you can always sync your iPad and upload it to YouTube faster on your computer. And, you save five bucks by not buying iMovie.

3. WizardHunt thread starter macrumors 68000

WizardHunt

Do you think they downgrade it through the email even though it may be a 30-45 sec clip too? I will try the youtube option and let everyone know how it turned out.

4. hypoh macrumors member

hypoh

You have to copy and paste the video into your email. Do not send from the Photos app unless you want it compressed. Same thing goes for emailing pictures.

5. SteveJobs2.0 macrumors 6502a

Doesn't it ask you to select what file size you would like to use for the attachment?

6. qCzar macrumors regular

It's possible, 1080p is fairly large, it's pretty much a 1.5MP picture every frame. Assuming that's 600kb in size, at 30 frames a second. You'd have about 2MB a second. A 30 second clip will be about 60MBs. :(

That's only for photos.

7. JoltinJoe macrumors member

I do not own an iPad (yet), but I believe you might be able to use Dropbox similarly. If a file is in the Public folder of your Dropbox, you can email someone a link directly to that file which can be downloaded and viewed.

8. WizardHunt thread starter macrumors 68000

WizardHunt

One would think that, but when I send it to my sister for example it is only like 2-3 MB for a 30 sec clip. That does not sound right at all. Thats why I am thinking that it is not doing FULL HD.

9. qCzar macrumors regular

It's definitely not full HD, since email servers typically allow 20MB attachments. If you want larger I suggest using Dropbox as suggested above or hosting them on YouTube. Email is great for documents and photos but it's behind in times in terms of large attachments, but rightfully so perhaps.

10. WizardHunt thread starter macrumors 68000

WizardHunt

I did try youtube with some success. It actually offered me to upload at HD and was much larger and when played back it displayed at full screen at 1080p Great. Next I will try drop box and see if that works. First I have to sign up for one. I never used drop box.