Can someone help, please?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by JoeUnited, Jun 2, 2010.

1. JoeUnited macrumors newbie

Apologies if this is the wrong section, but hopefully someone can help...

I own an iPhone and I previously had a Dell laptop. I recently bought a MBP and am now getting around to transferring everything, but I really have no idea what I'm doing. Here's what I've done so far based on what I've gathered around the web:

1. plugged in iPhone to new MBP and authorized the computer
    2. transferred over all of my "Purchased" things
    3. now I'm in the process of going back to my old laptop and trying to get all of my non-purchased songs onto a blank CD...but it doesn't seem to be working.

But I think I'm doing something wrong. Did I miss a step or is this all wrong?

Thank you.

2. ryhno45 macrumors regular

What exactly doesn't seem to be working?
    The burning of the songs aren't successful? You cannot find the folder with the songs? (itunes related 'http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1660').

You seem to have the steps needed.

All you really need to do is just burn an audio/data cd with the songs.

3. JoeUnited thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply, yeah I found that Apple page in the meantime which answered my question...but it keeps saying when I tried to burn the music to a backup disc that "a problem had occurred". Not sure if this has something to do with my old computer or the iTunes version I have...

Anyways, I'm going to look into it tomorrow, and I might just have to put the folder on my flash drive instead of using tons of blank CD's. I think I was making this whole process seem harder than it really was haha