Can Someone HELP! (Windows in Parallels)

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by MyWonderApple, Apr 24, 2011.

1. MyWonderApple macrumors newbie

Ok so heres the deal I have a 2010 Macbook, with Windows XP installed through parallels and Windows cannot recognize my disk drive on my Macbook. Is there anyway for me to make it recognize it. Well frankly I don't know if its recognizing it or not... I tried to play a game for windows using it and when I started the game it said please insert disc. So I took the disc out and put it back in. Still nothing, any help? :confused:

2. waynep macrumors 6502

In Parallels as well as any other virtual machine software, you have to tell it to assign the disk to the VM. That process should be in the help screens or manual. I don't use Parallels, but use VMware and VirtualBox. They all have that function.

3. maclaptop macrumors 65816

maclaptop

4. sab165 macrumors member

sab165

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

It depends on how you're running the vm, full screen, coherence, etc. From full screen you hit control+option and click on the devices menu at the top then scroll down to CD/DVD1, that'll open a menu to the side and click on default CD/DVD. That will connect the disc drive to the vm, just remember to disconnect it when you're done.

5. sab165 macrumors member

sab165

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

How is that relevant or even helpful?

6. MyWonderApple thread starter macrumors newbie

Ahh great that worked thanks :D