iPad Can someone help with fake location?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by LoneSierra, Mar 11, 2011.

1. LoneSierra, Mar 11, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2011

LoneSierra macrumors newbie

I'm an iPad newb, and I want to get my local sports team on MLB (go figure) and I've heard of this fake location app that's been working for some. MLB Blacks out games when you live in their broadcast area, and I guess people making the iPad tell the ISP it's in another country has been getting around that.

I just got the original iPad, and unfortunately it's fully up to date.

Do I use Cydia to JB? Then what app would I use?

If anyone has done this and can help I'd REALLY appreciate it.

Then if I JB will my normal apps work?

Thanks again!

2. romeo.xk macrumors 6502a

Cydia is not what you would use to jailbreak, that is where you get the apps from, when you say the iPad is up to date, does that means you are on 4.3?

As far as fake location goes, I used it last year, bit I had better luck with location spoofer, I'm not sure yet, but it seems as if they mmay have patched fake location on mlbtv 11, but I'm gonna wait until the season starts to be sure, but yesterday I had to turn it off.

Oh, and just in case, there are not blackout games during spring training.

3. LoneSierra thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay, where would I go to JB the iPad? Does Cydia come with it?

Yeah the version is 4.3 and I know the full JB isn't really out yet. Could I keep in touch with you about the MLB location for this season? If you'd be willing to give me a hand that'd be sweet, I'd really appreciate it. I'm not technologically impaired, I just have no idea about the jail breaking world.

4. mnsportsgeek macrumors 65816

Location spoofer works if you pick something within the united states

5. sbddude macrumors 6502a

How about slingbox? You would be able to watch whatever you get on your home TV anywhere.

6. LoneSierra thread starter macrumors newbie

Well I dont want cable, so that really doesn't help me unfortunately. It's a good idea otherwise though!

7. MN2542 macrumors newbie

HELP with FAKE LOCATION!!!

Hello all,

I have Fake Location downloaded on my IPHONE 3GS (not jail broken) It was working perfectly fine. I tried to log in a fake area through it, but everytime it tries to log into Facebook, it keeps giving me "Error with iPhone. Please try again later" what can I do to fix this?? It's so annoying because this is the second time it has happened since I got it from the app store. It's no longer on the app store, but when it needs an update I still am allowed to update. PLEASE HELP!!! I'm about to break my phone!:mad: Thank you!

8. romeo.xk macrumors 6502a

I can not warranty this, but I bet everyone here uses the ones from cydia... Personally I have never used the one from the app store.

9. MN2542 macrumors newbie

How do I get it off Cydia? My iphone 3gs is not jailbroken... Help me please :(

10. sbddude macrumors 6502a

You need to be jailbroken to access Cydia.

11. MN2542 macrumors newbie

I'm a little nervous to do it...is it reversible? Or how would I go about doing it?
    I've never heard of it before...

12. romeo.xk macrumors 6502a

THere are 1000's of threads on how to jailbreak, do some reading on what you need to do, depending on the firmware you are on, and you will be fine, it is fool proof, and yes, you can go back to stock...

13. jwesty5 macrumors member

Do a search for GreenP0ison jailbreak. There are YouTube videos and tutorials on how to jailbreak. I was just like you but it's pretty easy. Check out the iPhone hacks forum on this site for info

14. MN2542 macrumors newbie

Ok, should I sync my phone? I'm totally new to the whole iphone so that's why i'm asking so many questions lol sorry everyone...just really nervous and i don't want to lose anything....never even sync my phone....

15. romeo.xk macrumors 6502a

Yes, doing a backup before is always a good idea... And for the rest of the steps, just CLICK HERE

16. MN2542 macrumors newbie

I am trying to do a backup....i downloaded itunes, and my phone came up on the left side and i clicked BACKUP, but it's only backing up my voice memos, and songs...i can't do the pictures/contacts, and i'm scared to touch anything because my phone is hooked up and i don't want to delete my contacts on accident...help!! lol

17. MN2542 macrumors newbie

Help!!!!!!

I jailbroke it using greenpois0n!! lol, the problem is "LOADER" is just gray and not working...what do i do? is that cydia?

18. jackrwx macrumors newbie

19. kgys99 macrumors newbie

Yes, I just find it! It's so charming!

20. kuruptmixer macrumors member

Is it working for iPad 4.3.3? Im having troubles with this