Can someone help with iDVD?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by reno55, Nov 6, 2007.

1. reno55 macrumors regular

I am trying to take several episodes of some tv shows and make them into a dvd using iDVD however it seems i can never fit more than 2 per dvd. Has anyone done this that can help me shed some light onto how to achieve this?

2. GSMiller macrumors 68000

GSMiller

In the menu go to Project>Project Info and under "Encoding" change it from Best Performance to Best Quality, this should give you more room.

3. georgeoommen macrumors regular

same thing happened to me.. i could never fit more than 2 20-minute episodes on a dvd.. i shall try this as well. but reno if you have tried this could you please post back as to how many more episodes you were able to fit on the dvd?

4. Much Ado macrumors 68000

Much Ado

Check out Project->Project Info. It should show you exactly how much space you are using up.

If your clips are DV, there's support for 2 hours of footage on a standard DVD.

5. reno55 thread starter macrumors regular

Ok does anyone know how many episodes of xvid shows should hypothetically fit on one dvd?

6. GSMiller macrumors 68000

GSMiller

Sorry, I wouldn't know. Have you ever burnt a full length movie in iDVD? I usually get up to 2 hours of video on a DVD, so I'm guessing you could get 5 or 6 episodes per DVD...

7. reno55 thread starter macrumors regular

8. GSMiller macrumors 68000

GSMiller

I can usually fit more video if it's encoded with DivX.