Can someone help with mobile me questions?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Dingo Dave 69, Jul 11, 2008.

1. Dingo Dave 69 macrumors regular

I am trying out mobile me just now and can understand it sync'ing etc. However I have a few questions:

1. If I sync my contacts / calendar, and I am in an area with no mobile signal, do I lose these from my phone until I can get a signal?

2. If mobileme is not working properly does this again mean access to my contacts, calendars etc will not work?

3. If I sync my phone, mac and mobile me all together, and mobile me isn't working, will it also stop me accessing my data on my mac?

Basically I am wondering if something could happen which will result in me not being able to access my data that is all sync'ed.

Cheers guys :)

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

The data is synced to each device and resides locally. As you make additions or deletions, it will upload them to the cloud and push it out to all your registered devices. If you don't have a signal, the changes will be uploaded and synced when you do get a signal.

3. Dingo Dave 69 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for that. Does that mean then you will always have your information? If mobileme is not working, or I do not have an internet connection I will still have on my machine / phone what was there before I lost the signal?

When you say it resides locally, you mean there is a copy on the device, it isn't getting it from the mobileme servers everytime you look in your contacts or open your calendar?

4. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Yes, now you're synched with the rest of us. :p

5. Dingo Dave 69 thread starter macrumors regular