Can someone identify these two parts and where they go?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ALR26, May 29, 2013.

1. ALR26 macrumors newbie

I disassembled my out of warranty iPhone 4S to repair a broken lock button. However, I can't find anywhere on the web where these two parts go. I have found pictures of the part on the left, but it's not identified as to where it goes so I am at a loss. I have not been able to find any picture of the part on the right. Help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Al

Attached Files:

2. ALR26 thread starter macrumors newbie

3. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

what you should do, which is forum courtesy, is to give the answers once you find them. that way, anyone else who searches for this and stumbles upon this thread, will also have the answer. so you should at least post a link to where you found the answer.

4. Mrbobb macrumors 601

I have noticed, particularly in MR, lots of "drive-by" posters who don't contribute. A.K.A.: Freeloaders.

They often start their threads by saying "I know this is discussed many times before but nothing that respond directly to what I want to ask" They want a personalized response, and once gotten what they need, disappear until their next question. The worst ones even get mad if you don't answer directly to what they want.

I want a user setting that let me know at-a-glance who am I responding to and some sort of user contribution rating.

5. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

everyone makes a thread without searching too. thats why we have a billion threads asking about the lock button failures and apples warranty regarding it as opposed to one thread which they couldve searched for and found their answer. then again, people are too important to simply add to an existing thread, they need to make their own new one. times like that, i wont respond to help on purpose.

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

7. kolobos macrumors newbie

Location of parts

The part of the left looks like it should be sat at the back of the camera and is actually screwed to the logic board in the top left corner of the logic board. It would have been under a small piece of black tape hence the reason you did not see it when putting back together.

The second piece is a grounding clip and would sit at the top right of the metal cover that covers the screen connector etc. and close to the wifi antenna.

Pictures as below,

Top left is the clip in place screwed to the logic board with bottom left showing tape concealing it.
    Top right is the grounding clip (phone shown upside down) and bottom right is the post it is screwed into.

Regards,
    Steve...

Attached Files:

8. MrMacMack macrumors 6502a