Can Someone in the Jailbreak Community Please Unlock This SOB Already!?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by El3ctronics, Jun 1, 2011.

1. El3ctronics macrumors 65816

Title says it all and just wanted to vent...need this thing unlocked before I leave for Italy at the end of the month. Doesn't look like it'll happen :( Anyone have any insight into the progress being made?

2. TC25 macrumors 68020

No.

3. El3ctronics thread starter macrumors 65816

No, YOU don't. Someone else MAY.

4. Jare macrumors 65816

Jare

No. WE don't. WE AS A COMMUNITY DON'T KNOW. Only the dev team knows. And posts like this do NOT help whatsoever.

You shouldn't have boughten/traded/etc an iPhone that wasn't unlocked if you thought you'd need it later on. Hell you should have personally taken precautions to make sure you can unlock it later on.

It's your fault and no one else's, and once you accept that things in life move along easier.

For now, you have to wait.

5. TC25 macrumors 68020

No one but the Dev-Team knows and they are not sharing. Clear enough for YOU?

But I'm sure since they know you need it for a trip to Italy, they will release it in time to meet your needs.

6. El3ctronics thread starter macrumors 65816

So nobody from the dev team ever posts on these forums?

And I should have never updated or purchased my device since I MAY one day book a trip abroad? That makes a ton of sense. If I can't use it then so be it. But it would have been great if I were able to buy a pre-paid local sim card.

7. Jare macrumors 65816

Jare

I never said never update. There are ways to keep your baseband intact for unlocks while upgrading. But clearly you didn't want to spend the 5 minutes doing so.

Always be prepared, otherwise easily prevented situations like this would happen.

8. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

No. Follow @MuscleNerd on Twitter.

9. El3ctronics thread starter macrumors 65816

Thank you for the first useful post in this thread. Will do.

10. TC25 macrumors 68020

Which includes the first post.

I'll save you the trouble. You will not get any information from musclenerd's tweets regarding when the unlock will be available. He tweets about what they're doing, what they're finding, etc., but he does not mention possible dates. They have learned the hard way what happens when they do. When they ran into unexpected problems they had to solve, the whiners launched into them about missing their date, acting like if they complained enough and mentioned their particular situation that'd make them work faster, e.g., your first post in this thread. Yes, venting always makes people work faster and harder.

11. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

Yeah, they're pretty good at keeping dates to themselves now. If the OP is genuinely interested in the field of unlocking though, he's a neat one to follow.

12. Cortezbanks macrumors 6502

You should looking into reverse Engineering the baseband so you can then make the unlock yourself. Then you wouldn't have to wait.

13. Carl G35c macrumors 6502

why don't you try it yourself?

14. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

:p LOL

15. labman macrumors 604

labman

Have you even checked out the Dev-team blog? Everybody you need to fallow is there. You can even vent there. Doubt it will do any good but you can. While I love being jb/ul I don't feel it's owed to me.

16. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

^ What he said. We don't have the right to free jailbreaks and unlocks. They are privileges provided to us by generous hackers that are willing to donate their time and money into creating free software that is very useful. Pestering them probably won't make them want to release anything anytime soon.

17. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

No one here asked you not o update your device. There's way to update but preserve your unlock. That makes a lot of sense too. Stop being an *****.