Can someone interpret this for me? (upgrade pricing-related)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by worldwearyeyes, Jun 10, 2009.

1. worldwearyeyes macrumors regular

As a 3G user, I'm currently being offered the $399/$499 for the 16/32 3GS models as "early iphone upgrade" pricing. But then it tell me that I may qualify for a standard iPhone upgrade on 7/12/09 (only one year).

Sorry if I've missed the boat on any news, but does this mean that I'll get the 199/299 pricing on 7/12?

cheers.
    [​IMG]

2. patrickdunn macrumors 6502a

patrickdunn

Thats what it sounds like. Some people are elgible for a fully subsidized upgrade after a year becasue of how much they spend every month and pay on time.

Check with your carrier to know for sure.

3. DavieBoy macrumors 6502

DavieBoy

Mine says the same thing. I thought it had something to do with me owning the 1st gen iPhone from day 1. Did you? I bought another 3g to replace a 1st gen i after the price drop and it says that line has to wait till jan. 1st.

4. Diode macrumors 68020

Diode

5. Diode macrumors 68020

Diode

The following is for AT&T:

Not all Cingular/AT&T customers may qualify for a cell phone upgrade. At this time, AT&T Mobility allows these customers to upgrade with no upgrade fee when they commit to a new 2-year contract:

* AT&T customers who have had 24 months of cell phone service since activation of their cell phone or since their last phone upgrade.

Certain AT&T customers may be eligible for a cell phone upgrade even if they have been in their current plan for less than two years (24 months), if they commit to a new 2-year contract and meet these eligibility requirements:

* Customer has had a standard calling plan plus data services costing at least $68.99 a month but no more than $98.99 a month, and who has been in contract (and not had a phone upgrade) for 21 months or more,
    or
    * Customer has had a standard calling plan plus data services costing $99 a month or more, and who has been in contract (and not upgraded) in the last 12 months.

A customer with a calling plan and data services of less than $69 who is 21 to 23 months into contract may upgrade for a fee and a commitment of an additional two-year service contract extension. No upgrade fee is assessed for any customers who are on a month-to-month agreement.

Note that AT&T upgrade eligibility may be further limited based on customer’s usage history, payment record, previous phone replacement, etc. Upgrade eligibility is solely determined by AT&T Mobility at its discretion.

http://www.wirefly.com/upgrades/eligibility/att/

6. worldwearyeyes thread starter macrumors regular

Same situation here. I added another iphone on my line this past January for my wife, and she's not eligible for "standard" upgrade pricing until 20 months into her contract. Again, only 12 months for my line (and yes, I did have the original iphone since launch date).

Wasn't planning on getting the upgrade b/c I don't want to be stuck in a contract next year if Apple switches carriers, but if I get it at the fully-subsidized price, it may be hard to turn down.

Thanks for the insight, everyone.