Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KOH

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 11, 2015
Any image would do, or I guess you could do Beyonce's watch with a stainless steel body instead. Not gold watch + stainless steel bracelet, but stainless steel watch + gold link bracelet. I wanna know because I'm thinking about a third party gold bracelet. THAAAANKSSS

BeyondtheTech

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2007
You mean, like this?

ss_gold_link.jpg

Nicklaus

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2010
Winter Park
Trust me I am a professional on these matters. It is backwards, the focus of attention should be the watch not the band, to have the band gold and the watch SS is terrible.

KOH

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 11, 2015
The funny part is it usually starts off looking pretty good in the pictures, and then you actually get it on your wrist and then BAM insta-regret :p.
Honestly idk how gold would look on a man
Trust me I am a professional on these matters. It is backwards, the focus of attention should be the watch not the band, to have the band gold and the watch SS is terrible.
Do you think the SS watch would look good with a silver finish (I would assume this would be less matte than the original link finish) link?

bunnicula

macrumors 68040
Jul 23, 2008

I agree. The SS band would look good with a yellow or rose gold case. Not the other way around.

For SS case, you would need a 2-tone band to make the look work.

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
I'm usually laid back and supportive about whatever people want to do with their watches. But...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 113

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
I think what throws me about that photoshopped combo is that there's no silver in the bracelet. I have duo-toned gold and silver stainless steel watches but the two toned look works for them because there is a hint of gold trim on the silver bezel and for the bands, the predominantly silver links have gold accent links woven into them. That Photoshopped version just made it look like you put it together in the dark and got the strap from a gold watch mixed up with your silver. There's no hint they belong together.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.