Can someone PLEASE explain...

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by iRyann, Mar 28, 2009.

1. iRyann macrumors regular

iRyann

Nes roms and emulators! I really don't understand it. I do however want to play GBA games on my touch! If this is illegal in the the forum then please let me know and I will remove it.

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

ROMs themselves are illegal, and we won't tell you where you can get them, but an emulator is something that allows hardware to pretend that it is different hardware.

Then, the game file (ROM) thinks that it is being run by the proper machine and actually runs (with errors, occasionally. Nothing is perfect. :p).

3. iRyann thread starter macrumors regular

iRyann

Is there a way

To download ROM's straight onto the touch, without using a PC?

Thank you for your replys aswell.

4. pwn247 macrumors 6502

pwn247

Again, we cannot give you sites or links to places that host ROMs. You'll need to connect to your iPod touch using SSH (use this YouTube tutorial, watch in high quality), and you'll be good to go. From there you can copy whatever you like (ROMS, .theme files, etc...) from your Mac/PC to your iPod touch.

5. Muncher macrumors 65816

Muncher

Just run a few google searches on roms. You'll find them.

Also, I suggest instead of SSH to download Netatalk from Cydia. After you install it, your iPod will show up on the Finder Network list. The Username and password are "alpine" and "mobile".

6. Tokiopop macrumors 68000

Tokiopop

Actually, ROMs *are* legal. But only if you already own the game you're downloading/emulating. If you don't own it, you've got 24 hours to delete the files.

7. goya1110 macrumors newbie

goya1110

this seems like the rite thread...

...after JB-ing my IPT using quick freedom i fumbled across a small problem. when trying to view movie trailers on apple.com, they wont play. i installed d-tunes to see if it would work. i dl'd the trailer, went to where it was saved & NOTHING. i get a "does not support video format" message. if any1 can help, please post or PM me. thanks