Can someone please explain

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by SamtheDrummer, May 28, 2009.

1. SamtheDrummer macrumors member

Hello, unfortunatly I do not know much about Macs so could someone help me out.
    On the apple website I could buy a whitemacbook 2.13ghz 2gbs ram and 9400m graphics card for £749.
    The same Alu one costs £200 more and has slightly faster ram ( I dont know how much difference that makes)
    The white also has firewire.
    Now I know it is quite subjective, but which is better? Which would run faster and could either run any games well?
    Any info would be greatly appreciated :)

2. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

With the unibody, you're paying for the touchpad, the LED backlight and the style of the computer.

For gaming, or anything else for that matter, they'll run pretty much neck and neck.

3. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

The white one would be faster but only marginally. There may be an update to the aluminium one shortly to make it the same speed. Both or OK with games but don't expect miracles. You can run most games on at least low settings at full resolution.

4. magamo macrumors 6502

I think they're pretty much the same when it comes to real life performance. One thing others haven't mentioned is the backlit keyboard of 2.4Ghz unibody MB. The white MB and the low end unibody MB do not have it. You might find it useful.