Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tjanuranus

macrumors member
Original poster
May 25, 2004
My computer is not recognizing my extreme wireless N basestation. The only time it will recognize it is after i do a hard reset on the base station and then run through the setup in airport utility. then after a few minutes or a comp restart... Gone! then i have to do a hard reset again. Then it lasts for a minute and drops completely. I didn't used to have these problems. I spent an hour on the phone with apple tech and they even exchanged my base station.. same problem. This is terrible! help anyone?

btw i have no problem connecting to my neighbors network just not mine!!

nemex

macrumors regular
Nov 14, 2007
Mexico
Try applying the latest Airport updates and the latest Airport firmware updates that were released yesterday...

Hope this helps :apple:

nemex

macrumors regular
Nov 14, 2007
Mexico
well i downloaded all the latest software updates but still nothing...

Just for testing purposes, try disabling the Wireless Security and see if you can connect.

Do you have other Access points nearby? probably they are causing interferance to your AEBS. Try using an application to verify if other AP's are using the same channel (ie AP Grapher)

Cheers!

tjanuranus

macrumors member
Original poster
May 25, 2004
well it's showing up on the grapher but it's not shoing up on my comp! and it's not the same channel as anything else. any ideas?

tjanuranus

macrumors member
Original poster
May 25, 2004
ok so again i did a hard reset. set it up again. wireless N only 5 ghz. no password, but i usually put a pass on. everything looked great. i go up to the toolbar at the top and turn airport off. turn it back on and it's gone again. only my neighbors shows up. so i graphed it and this is what comes up...

Picture3-1.png

mine is the Wireless N Network.

and this is what my ap utility says...

Picture4.png

nemex

macrumors regular
Nov 14, 2007
Mexico
ok so again i did a hard reset. set it up again. wireless N only 5 ghz. no password, but i usually put a pass on. everything looked great. i go up to the toolbar at the top and turn airport off. turn it back on and it's gone again. only my neighbors shows up. so i graphed it and this is what comes up...

Picture3-1.png

mine is the Wireless N Network.

and this is what my ap utility says...

Picture4.png

Do you happen to have a 5GHz cordeless phone? it might be interfering with your signal. In my particular case using the 5Ghz band gave me a lot of headaches since coverage was reduced considerably.

For testing purposes, change the name of your network, something simpler without spaces and no special characters suchs as the ". Perhaps something like WirelessNNetwork or something similar

Try changing to 2.4GHz (802.11n only 2.4GHz).

Cheers

tjanuranus

macrumors member
Original poster
May 25, 2004
it doesn't matter what ghz it's running at. i tried it at everything! apple tech is useless and i am really hoping some of the experts on here can help me out. it's been months now.

theBB

macrumors 68020
Jan 3, 2006
I would definitely try to name the network using only one word. Do not to exceed, let's say, 8 letters and do not use special characters.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.