Can someone please help me here? Safari Question.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by swindlenz, May 19, 2013.

1. swindlenz macrumors member

So this is super simple and I just don't really understand.

In Chrome, you can push F11 and you will be taken to full screen mode.

Can I do this in Safari? Hide both the address bar and tabs at the same time with a key/key combination?

2. simsaladimbamba

Control+Command+F, as visible via going to Safari > Menu Bar > View > Enter Full Screen.

3. swindlenz thread starter macrumors member

Full screen mode is great.

But I would like to hide the address bar and tabs. I am hoping I can make a website use the entire screen. Currently the address bar and tabs take up more room then i would like. In Chrome, hitting F11 will make the website fill the entire screen. Really nice for sites like Reddit and forums.

4. simsaladimbamba

Sorry, misunderstood, just got out of bed.
    There seems to be no way, as even if you hide the tool bar (Shift+Command+T) before going to fullscreen, it will return when going to full screen, maybe just using one window instead of one tab will allow you to get rid of the tab bar.
    What screen resolution do you have, that those 62 pixels take away from your enjoyment?

5. swindlenz, May 19, 2013
    Last edited: May 19, 2013

swindlenz thread starter macrumors member

I'm very new to Macs and the OS/Software, so don't mind if I should a little dumb here.

I got a rMBP 13" a few weeks ago (love it to bits, really enjoy this laptop A LOT) and am using it with the "Best (Retina)" resolution. I'm not sure what that equates to in actual resolution. The web browsing (using Webkit Safari) seems to perform best at this res. I may be mistaken here, any recommendations for a better web browsing experience on this machine are welcomed. It would be nice to kill those bars when I don't need them however.

Thanks for you help/replies btw, much appreciated :)

EDIT: Edited for clarity.