Can someone please help me save this?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Pagga, Jul 7, 2009.

1. Pagga macrumors 6502

Pagga

Closer to the Artic circle than I like to be
  2. arjen92 macrumors 65816

arjen92

have you tried opening activities in safari (so not the normal one, but the one in safari). Then look for the biggest file on that website in the activities window. If it's hard to find, play the video, while the video is playing/loading search for a file on the website that's loading. If the movie is already loaded, search again for the biggest file. This you do all in the activities window.

When you have located the proper file (or you can just do them all :p), select it, press command c, then go to your download window in safari, press command v. The file should be downloaded now.

It's most likely a .flv file. I find it pretty irritating to play. So if you want to convert it, one way is to open is with VLC (videolan.org), and then export it to a better format.

3. Pagga thread starter macrumors 6502

Pagga

I say many thanks! I have tried locating the file without success (can you find it?). But I will try everything you say once more. Fingers crossed.

thanks again,
    P

4. Pagga thread starter macrumors 6502

Pagga

*UPDATE*

Nailed it!
    Got to it throught the activities window, just like your said.

Cheers!

;
    P

5. nzonscreen macrumors newbie

Ripping that video

The reason you couldn't rip that clip is because it's not meant to be ripped. It's there through painstaking liaison with the owners of the material, who licensed it to NZ On Screen to show within the context of the website.

It is specifically NOT available for distribution, or inclusion in other presentations, or publication on youtube, as I see you have done.

NZ On Screen has some great NZ television and film on site, and unfortunately we aren't able to make it available to embed or distribute. We would love to do so but are faced with copyright conditions that we cannot (yet) resolve.

I would appreciate if you would voluntarily remove it from YouTube.

Thanks
    brenda