Can someone please help me: shipping woes.

CaptainCaveMann

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 5, 2004
OK so i want to have it shipped to my house but im never home. I dont think fed ex will leave the package at my door. So what do i do?

mcgarry

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2004
can't it be shipped to your work/wherever you are all day ... or you can usually pick it up at a FedEx office (or whatever they're called ... the place you go when they stop trying to deliver it to you and give you a last chance) ... or have it sent to a neighbor

Comment

CaptainCaveMann

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 5, 2004
mcgarry said:
can't it be shipped to your work/wherever you are all day ... or you can usually pick it up at a FedEx office (or whatever they're called ... the place you go when they stop trying to deliver it to you and give you a last chance) ... or have it sent to a neighbor
Fed ex office? How do i find one in my area?>

Comment

mcgarry

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2004
I don't know, call them or go to their website.

Usually I think you can ask them to leave it at your door, if that's ok with you. The shipper has to specify "no signature required" or something like that. But if this is a computer, maybe that's not the best idea.

Comment

CaptainCaveMann

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 5, 2004
I cant be at home, i have class. I just got off the phone with apple. I guess they send you an e-mail after you order then it gives you a sight you can track your order and find out when and where it was delivered.

Comment

mcgarry

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2004
when I was an undergrad there was a specific place on campus to receive packages like this, even if you lived off-campus, run by whoever ran the dorms ... might have just been a weird thing at my college, but it was great in situations like this. We all had PO Boxes so fedex wouldn't ship to those anyway of course. Maybe worth checking at your school ...

Anyway, you have to arrange wtih Apple where this thing is supposed to go. If you want to pick up from a local fedex office, you have to say that. And make sure fedex is ready when you are.

Comment

CaptainCaveMann

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 5, 2004
mcgarry said:
when I was an undergrad there was a specific place on campus to receive packages like this, even if you lived off-campus, run by whoever ran the dorms ... might have just been a weird thing at my college, but it was great in situations like this. We all had PO Boxes so fedex wouldn't ship to those anyway of course. Maybe worth checking at your school ...

Anyway, you have to arrange wtih Apple where this thing is supposed to go. If you want to pick up from a local fedex office, you have to say that. And make sure fedex is ready when you are.
Man this is turning into a pain. The only reason i was ordering bto is for my girlfriend who needs a bigger hd on 12 inch ibook.

Comment

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
When TNT has unsuccesfully tried delivering things I've ordered from Apple Store (once a poor effort as I actually was home), they've always hung a note on the door with a phone number I can call and arrange a new delivery (or that I just pick it up from their local office).

Comment

skubish

macrumors 68030
Feb 2, 2005
Ann Arbor, Michigan
This is one complaint I have about Apple. They require a signature for FedEx to deliver.

So I had 2 option:
1. Sign the tap they leave after the first delivery attempt. But then you package could be setting out all day.

or

2. Pick it up at FedEx. In my case the FedEx location is open 7:00am- 8:30pm weekdays so I had no problem getting there to pick it up.

Comment

wordmunger

macrumors 603
Sep 3, 2003
North Carolina
Usually FedEx will leave a note when they can't deliver the package. It will give you the address to go pick it up. Happened when I ordered my iBook; picked it up the same day. Make sure you call them first to confirm it's still at their office.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.