Can someone please help me with installing Windows on my 2016 MBP?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by PhaserFuzz, Aug 2, 2017.

1. PhaserFuzz macrumors 6502

I’d like to install Windows on my machine for the sole purpose of playing Destiny 2. I honestly know nothing about Windows or using boot camp. Every site I’ve found to help is pretty outdated at this point. Can anyone walk me through it and give me the basics? Or just refer me to a better site that’ll explain the process?

Also, can someone please link me to a version of Windows I can purchase that will work? I’ve searched and have no idea which version I should buy.

Thanks!

2. kevinof macrumors 6502a

just use this guide https://support.apple.com/en-ie/HT201468 . You do not need a usb stick, just download the iso from Microsoft (as it says in the guide) onto the macos downloads and it can install from there. The Windows 10 Home version will do fine. Also if you want you can run Windows 10 without a key (for a long time/forever) so you can try it out without handing over cash.

When you run the bootcamp installer it will ask how you want to partition the disk (x% for Mac, X% for Windows). If you are only using Windows for the odd game then leave just enough for windows and the game install and keep the rest for Mac OS. Adjusting it later is a pain in the ..

that's it. It's not difficult, only a couple of questions and doesn't take long.

3. cbrod macrumors newbie

cbrod

I had issues trying to install from a USB stick, but when I copied the ISO to the mac then installed, it went smoothly.