Can someone please help me with my SMS issue?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by stephen1108, Mar 6, 2011.

1. stephen1108 macrumors 65816

Hey y'all :) I'm currently running a jailbroken 4.2.1 iPhone 4 with the Greenp0ison JB. I have BiteSMS installed, and I've been using it fine without a hitch ever since I got the jailbreak (which was when the GP jailbreak became available).

Up until last night when my phone was locked, it would only alert me once if I received a text message. Now whenever my phone is locked it will alert me twice back-to-back, for example; a locked screen will equate to a first vibration and tri-tone, then a second vibration and tri-tone right after the first one which makes the screen light up and the notification of a new text comes up. When my screen isn't locked however, it'll notify the way it's been doing it this whole time, only once.

I think this bug or whatever it is, is very annoying and I wanna know if there is a solution to fixing this rather than re-jailbreaking. Can anyone please help me out here? :confused:

2. crovian macrumors regular

isn't this a change to 4.2.1 by apple?
    there was a topic about this around here yesterday

3. stephen1108 thread starter macrumors 65816

Really? because this has NEVER happened before until last night.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

No, they did the twice vibrate thing with 4.3 not 4.2.1
    Not exactly sure what the OP has a problem with.
    Maybe go into messages settings to configure how many times you're alerted when a text comes in.

5. stephen1108 thread starter macrumors 65816

My issue is my phone is going off twice for one text message. If I were to receive 2 text messages back to back, It would be 4 vibrations and that in my eyes is quite annoying.

I've tried that and the option for my issue isn't really there.

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Settings/messages/alert repeat alert option isn't there?

7. stephen1108 thread starter macrumors 65816

It's not a repeat alert issue. Even with that option off, my phone still goes off twice. It's simply an issue of when my phone is locked, my text tone will go off twice instead of once, or my phone will vibrate twice instead of once like it should.

8. iPhone Addict macrumors 6502

Do you have LockInfo installed? I've heard of an incompatibility between biteSMS and LockInfo where it doubles the SMS alert vibration.

9. stephen1108 thread starter macrumors 65816

Thank you EVERYONE for the help! I really appreciate the efforts you all made, but I realized it was that my iBlacklist was on.... but it WASN'T blocking my SMS' from coming in. I turned it off, and everything is working like it should be now :)