iPhone XS Can someone please post their XS colours?

AkuskaUK

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 18, 2011
Shanklin, Isle Of Wight
Hi all,

Could someone please post their XS colours in daylight in this thread? Im undecided on what colour to go with and the only models that I've seen on display have been locked in a bracket so I can't see the rear colours.

Pics would really be appreciated!

AkuskaUK

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 18, 2011
Shanklin, Isle Of Wight
Why not go and see them for yourself ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
"the only models that I've seen on display have been locked in a bracket so I can't see the rear colours."

Also, in store lighting is different to daylight. Closest Apple store to me is taking a ferry to mainland UK.

alpi123

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2014
There are enough videos on Youtube and pictures on Instagram with iPhones on a daylight, but I understand that you want to see the real colors. I was like that with the new gold.

Reactions: AkuskaUK

BeeGood

macrumors 68000
Sep 15, 2013
Lot 23E. Somewhere in Georgia.
B29DA3FB-C68C-4449-84C8-1C69601BC882.jpeg
C3B734D1-A4A6-45FB-AFDF-C0B57193AB2B.jpeg
EB76E224-4BBB-4B3B-A78F-5278A26C0BB1.jpeg

Here are three photos of my Gold Max that I just took back to back in the same room. It’s just after sunrise.

The third pic is of the back of the phone facing the window with the sun just barely peaking over the house behind us. The first is facing away from the window and the second is away from the window around a corner with no direct sunlight.

I can tell you that the third pic is not a very good representation of what the phone looks like in that lighting because the light was not that white/cool. It actually looked more copper-ish IRL. The other two were close, but still not 100% color accurate.

I said all this to say two things. First, the gold color (and probably the space grey and silver to a lesser extent) will probably not be very accurately represented with pics. Second, the gold color can look a bunch of different ways in the same lighting depending on viewing angles and intensity of the light. If the color is really critical to you, I’d advise you to see them in person, even if it’s just in Apple’s staged lighting conditions.

Last edited:

AkuskaUK

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 18, 2011
Shanklin, Isle Of Wight
There are enough videos on Youtube and pictures on Instagram with iPhones on a daylight, but I understand that you want to see the real colors. I was like that with the new gold.
Yup, with the ones being in brackets its really hard to see the colours in person. I am liking the gold more now though.

View attachment 792572 View attachment 792573 View attachment 792571

Here are three photos of my Gold Max that I just took back to back in the same room. It’s just after sunrise.

The third pic is of the back of the phone facing the window with the sun just barely peaking over the house behind us. The first is facing away from the window and the second is away from the window around a corner with no direct sunlight.

I can tell you that the third pic is not a very good representation of what the phone looks like in that lighting because the light was not that white/cool. It actually looked more copper-ish IRL. The other two were close, but still not 100% color accurate.

I said all this to say two things. First, the gold color (and probably the space grey and silver to a lesser extent) will probably not be very accurately represented with pics. Second, the gold color can look a bunch of different ways in the same lighting depending on viewing angles and intensity of the light. If the color is really critical to you, I’d advise you to see them in person, even if it’s just in Apple’s staged lighting conditions.
EXACTLY what I was looking for! Thank you very much!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.