Can Someone Please Tell Me...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by intempo808, Oct 24, 2007.

1. intempo808 macrumors regular

Is Apple having problems with the iPod Touch or shipping probelms?

I ordered mine on Monday 15th October, and it still hasn't been shipped!

Why is the iPod Touch elegidly 7-10 days shipping and the other iPod's are just 24 hours?

Is there some sort of massive problem?

Thank you!:D

2. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

There is a big demand for iPod Touches, they will take a long time to ship.

Posted from my iPod Touch i've had for 2 weeks :D

3. aidanpendragon macrumors 6502a

Probably a couple reasons:

-Demand
    -Hurricane in late Sept/early Oct - slowed shipping from China (backlog)
    -Some kind of no-shipping holiday in China, also early Oct (also backlog)

And (my personal theory, but experience supports it):
    -Apple retooled some or all of the production lines to correct the negative screen problem; as a result, production was at less than full capacity until recent weeks.

4. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

screens... seems like they are constantly improving them

5. JohnMC macrumors 6502

I also ordered a Touch on the 15th. On Monday the 22th, Apple changed the ship time to 5-7 days. I would guess that you and I will see our iPods ship by Friday.

JohnMC

6. intempo808 thread starter macrumors regular

Well, i ordered mine on Monday 15th and it still hasn't shipped... nothing has happened. I can't cancel... my Dad won't let me becasue it is on his account. People are just being messed around now and its so annoying... When am i going to get mine?!?!?

Some people who ordered theres at the beginning of October are only just getting theres.... its ridiculous... and irritating... i mean.. realitically... when am I going to get it... next year or something? Grrrrrrr:mad:

And whats worse is they haven't even given a proper reason....

7. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

And whats even worse than that is people like me have just walked in to shops and brought them.

But if they are fixing the screens then I suppose its worth the extra wait.

8. JohnMC macrumors 6502

Hey OP, just to let you know my order is now Prepared for Shipment. I ordered a 16GB, don't know if that makes a difference. About people ordering at the beginning of October a just now getting their iPod, I have not heard of anyone being delayed that long unless they had to return it because of screen issues. I'm confident your iPod WILL ship very soon, Friday or Monday. Apple is, for the most part, very good about meeting their ship by dates.

JohnMC

9. JohnMC macrumors 6502

Just One More Thing (ahh...Steve don't sue :)), on the 15th the ship time was 7-10 business days. Meaning that they have until Monday to ship your iPod. For more info see post above. ^^^

JohnMC

10. intempo808 thread starter macrumors regular

Hmmmm... That all kind of makes me feel better... :)

I hope it arrives soon... its driving me up the wall....... lol

11. Gerard. macrumors member

same! i rang the currier and they said mines should be here tomorrow! I'm too excited. i hope it comes tomorrow, if it dosnt it dosnt come tomorrow, i have to wait over the weekend. :(

12. intempo808 thread starter macrumors regular

Mines been "Prepared For Shipment"... whatever that means.... lol... guess it will be here Monday or Tuesday now!!!!!! AHHHH... i cant wait!:D:p

13. e.magnusson macrumors member

I ordered mine Oct. 14th and it shipped out on the 26th. Its in Quebec now (I live in Alberta) and it came from China, mine just got a notice: "Package Data Processed by Brokerage, Waiting for Clearance, Delivery Date Rescheduled." I'm not impressed, I guess that's customs for yeah. Ugh, I might see mine Monday, but I'm thinking more like Tuesday. I've never seen one of my Apple products get caught up in customs; then again I've never had it come all the way from China...