Can someone point me to the right folder

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by phadam, Sep 16, 2011.

1. phadam macrumors regular

I have been trying to help out a friend with some restyling on his current website. I'm pretty familiar with html/css and some jQuery but never really started learning php. I logged in to the ftp and can't seem to find the html files for individual pages. I have the css location and file but no luck on the html :/

Could someone message me where I can give you access to the ftp temporarily and just point me in the right direction?? I don't know if I am just completely overlooking this or if I am going crazy?!! possibly both. Would appreciate the help :)

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

3. phadam thread starter macrumors regular

Already tried. He's not sure. He had someone else build the site that just went MIA on him.

4. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

If it's a php based site, there are no HTML files per se. The HTML is generated by the php scripts.

If this is the case, stay out of the php files if you don't know what you're doing.

5. manueld macrumors 6502

It really depends...I would say open up some of the php files and take a look. Just be wary about making modifications.

I've seen some sites built in php and the only php they did was "includes" while the rest of the file was just plain ole html.

6. phadam thread starter macrumors regular

There are php files. Hmm.. The markup has some inline styling on a side column that is overriding the external stylesheet. Would I be able override the inline style with something like:

div[style] {
    background: #FFF !important;
    }

7. manueld macrumors 6502

yes the !important tag will override the inline styles..unless the inline styles have that as well.