Can someone post some stats for gaming on a RMBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by alyshehata, Dec 26, 2012.

1. alyshehata macrumors member

I've had a RMBP for a while and I started gaming on it recently. I've noticed that I only have decent FPS (50-70) when all the settings are on low and the resolution is on 1400 x 900 or less. Is that normal? Can someone post their settings for BF3 or AC3 and tell me how many FPS they're getting? I'm a little worried my gpu might not be up to standards, so let me know what you think.

2. bill-p macrumors 65816

If your performance is not up to standard, try reading through this thread:
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1452267

And there's an easy sign to check if your computer is affected by this bug: do you hear the fan at all? If you don't hear the fan roaring while you run these games, then chances are very high that you're affected.

3. alyshehata thread starter macrumors member

I've already tried resetting the SMC and PRAM. My FPS are not terrible. I've seen the bug that affects FPS and it makes everything less than 30 fps. My problem isn't this. My problem is that I get good FPS but at very low settings... and yes, my fan does ROAR when playing intensive games, but the laptop does get really hot so that could be the reason?

4. bill-p macrumors 65816

I haven't tried AC3, but BF3 is indeed pretty hard to get a solid 60.

I get around 30fps at 2048 x 1280. But that's about enough for me since I'm used to the same framerate on consoles.

So I'd say... it looks normal. If your fan is roaring, then that's as normal as it can get.

5. Xgm541 macrumors 6502a

BF3 lags on my rmbp. Cant get steady 60fps, not playable on multiplayer.