Can someone recommend a good case for MBP 13"

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by urfankhaliq, Nov 1, 2010.

1. urfankhaliq macrumors newbie

Hi all

Just bought my new MBP and in the market for a good case. I have a sleeve I bought (LArobe Black Addict MacBook 13.3 Inch - Black + Wasabi) which is usefull for when the MBP leaves the home but wanted a case that can stay on the MBP to protect from scratches etc during everyday use.

I considered the Speck SeeThru Hard Shell Case for 13" MacBook Pro but reading the reviews quite a few people have said that it can leave scratches on the MBP....the other one I have considered is

http://www.gearzap.com/macally-bookshell-leather-cover-for-macbook-pro-13.html

but not sure if that is any good.

Would love to hear from others as to what they use and their experiences with different cases..

Thanks

Urfan

2. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

I use a Swiss gear bag to carry my MBP and other stuff around.

Swiss Gear. I doubt you can get these new any more. I got mine from Apple direct for about $80.

It's been a great bag for the laptop and very durable. I've been carrying it around for almost 4 years and there isn't any sign of wear on it yet. Still looks and feels brand new and I use it everyday.

3. urfankhaliq thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi thanks for that but Im after a proper case that can be on the MBP at all times?

Thanks

4. urfankhaliq thread starter macrumors newbie

Got it

Decided to go for the See Thru Aqua MacBook Pro 13" by Speck. has some good reviews and seems a nice and thin case to protect from scratches.

Got the LArobe Black Addict MacBook 13.3 Inch - Black + Wasabi for when I take the MBP out :)

5. you-of-eh macrumors member

I have the black Seethru satin for my 13" MBP. I love it. The only way it's gonna scratch is if sand or something gets under the case, which could possibly happen with any case really. Just snap the case off and wipe it down every week or two and you'll be fine.

6. mpdonlanjr macrumors newbie

have had a speck see thru on my MBP for like a month now no scratches to the computer super snug fit.

did you look for it on amazon got mine for around $30 on there when i got it.

You wont be disappointed adds a little extra weight but gives you total piece of mind