Can someone recommend a good Video capture and editing software?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by aphexacid, Sep 30, 2007.

1. aphexacid macrumors 6502a

aphexacid

So just bought the ADS Tech USB 2.0 video capture box (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815255011).

The software that it comes with doesn't sound very appealing. So i'm wondering if there is some great Video capture software out there that someone can recommend? I definitely need a windows version, and i know i might not be able to find help with that here, but i also need a Mac version that i can toss on my PB and macbook. If someone can recommend something for both OS's that'd be great! I would really like something good quality, as i will be doing some very old family movies that are very important. I have no problem paying the cash, but if theres something free that rocks, by all means...

And the i suppose i need a video editing software. I assume they have to be seperate. The ADS box comes with a capture program, and then a trial of an editing software. Again, i have no problem paying for something good....but within reason, i know someone is going to say....ADOBE! I dont even know if i could use adobe, i want something simple, but good. and again, for Mac, and windows platforms.

If someone can help me put here, i would really appreciate it. I've got a wedding and old home movies i cant wait to get onto DVD!

thanks guys!

2. bartelby macrumors Core

3. aphexacid thread starter macrumors 6502a

aphexacid

I can use i movie for that? i had no idea, are you sure i can record in imovie with the capture box?

4. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

The only way to find out is try. It would need to be iMovie '08 though I would have thought what with the box being USB.