Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Marcellus

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 10, 2011
Branford, CT
I need a power bank to charge my iPad Air 2 and iPhone 7 Plus on a trip to Eastern Europe this summer. I prefer one that is compact, has two ports and can charge both at the same time. Would the Anker PowerCore 15000 Redux be suitable? Or would something with less power also work? Anker has so many models on their website that my head is spinning. Is there really that much difference between 10000, 13000 or 15000? Thank you.

sparksd

macrumors G3
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA
I need a power bank to charge my iPad Air 2 and iPhone 7 Plus on a trip to Eastern Europe this summer. I prefer one that is compact, has two ports and can charge both at the same time. Would the Anker PowerCore 15000 Redux be suitable? Or would something with less power also work? Anker has so many models on their website that my head is spinning. Is there really that much difference between 10000, 13000 or 15000? Thank you.

I use these two with my 10.5" Pro and XS Max phone -

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07HBTY3Z2

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B012NIQG5E

Both work great but the second one is large and heavy (as expected). The power rating does make a difference in terms of amount of available charge. The Anker PowerCore 15000 Redux is a nice unit. Trickle charge is good to have for low power devices like earbuds - without it, a power bank won't keep charging the device due to low power draw.

Marcellus

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 10, 2011
Branford, CT
I use these two with my 10.5" Pro and XS Max phone -

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07HBTY3Z2

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B012NIQG5E

Both work great but the second one is large and heavy (as expected). The power rating does make a difference in terms of amount of available charge. The Anker PowerCore 15000 Redux is a nice unit. Trickle charge is good to have for low power devices like earbuds - without it, a power bank won't keep charging the device due to low power draw.

Thank you for the replies. It seems like the 15000 Redux would be just about right, especially since it's compact, but still delivers a powerful charge.

Harytran26985

macrumors newbie
Apr 29, 2019
England
You should choose mophie power station rather than anker. I used many anker power stations and many product of anker was fault. Mophie products are Accepted to sell in Apple Store. With your demand i thinks mophie xxl 20000 mah power station meet your demand.

P/s: currently i am using mophie xl 10000mah power station, when i charger ipad, iphone or other apple products, they quite are cool and stable.

sparksd

macrumors G3
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA
You should choose mophie power station rather than anker. I used many anker power stations and many product of anker was fault. Mophie products are Accepted to sell in Apple Store. With your demand i thinks mophie xxl 20000 mah power station meet your demand.

P/s: currently i am using mophie xl 10000mah power station, when i charger ipad, iphone or other apple products, they quite are cool and stable.

That certainly hasn't been my experience with Anker. I have several of their devices and haven't had any problems at all. They're a brand of choice for me.

Sciomar

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2017
I have the Anker PowerCore 10000, phenomenal power brick that I carry camping. No experience with Mophie but so far I have zero complaints with Anker.

ashag

macrumors newbie
May 17, 2019
India
I would suggest you ERD powerbank. I am using it too and its power backup is too good. Hope so you will like it too.

azt33

macrumors regular
Sep 29, 2006
Switzerland
I have the Anker PowerCore 26000 - it’s absolutely amazing and my go to device for trips away. Especially if I go away for longer than 7 days, it even charged my 12” MacBook in the past. But, it’s not light...

Depending on how long you need to use it (e.g. how long will you be without electricity), the smaller Anker powerbanks should be fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.