Can someone recommend me a dock alarm?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by zdblue11, Dec 1, 2009.

1. zdblue11 macrumors member

zdblue11

I am looking for a dock/alarm that is compatible for iphone3g/ipodtouch2g/ipod nano5g. The functions i am seeking for isn't really the sound quality but the dock that will charge and actually wake me up in the morning. It'd be great if this dock alarm cost less than $50. I saw one on amazon this morning for 30 dollars and will probably get this one if i dont get any suggestions from you guys. Any suggestions???

(one i saw from amazon)
    http://www.amazon.com/iLuv-iMM153BL...3?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1259718193&sr=8-3

2. Surely Guest

Surely

I know that this is out of your requested price range, but I bought this one a few months ago, and I love it. Great sound, two alarms, remote control, you can set both alarms to play music from your iPod/iPhone, the remote controls the iPod functions, and the most important: it has three dim levels, and the lowest one is perfect for the night. I hate when the clock is too bright. Also, there is a motion sensor on the top of the unit so that you can wave your hand over it to light up the controls at night or, after your alarm sounds, to activate the Snooze.

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Pure...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1259718323&sr=8-1

Good luck........

3. zdblue11 thread starter macrumors member

zdblue11

Thanks for your response. The other one i was looking at didn't have a remote and that's definately a plus although im looking for something a little cheaper :p

4. meglet macrumors member

meglet

Here's another one from Amazon that's a little closer to your price range. I don't have this model, but I'm considering it if/when my alarm app on the iPhone becomes to unreliable. I have used other iHome alarm clocks in the past and I really like them.

iHome Rotating iPhone Alarm Clock

5. patnshan macrumors newbie

6. axox181 macrumors newbie

I have the logitech one above, and I like it. The only problem I have run into is that occasionally if set to ipod it fails to turn my iphone onto the ipod even though the alarm is going off (silently) This has been a problem twice, most recently last night. The other knock on it is that it is way easy to make it snooze, all you do is wave your hand over the sensor. The first time I used it I did that and thought the alarm went off, only to have it come back on 10 minutes later and you have to go over the sensor to hit the button to turn it off. However; the two alarm settings, the remote and the auto dimmer and wave to illuminate are good. Also the speakers are good and if turned up can really crank out some music. Look around I'm sure you can find a good deal on it, I paid $63.97 on black friday on amazon.