Can someone recommend some nice speakers?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Jman14, Mar 27, 2009.

1. Jman14 macrumors 6502

I am about to get my iMac(Monday) and I am looking to set up some speaker but at most I am looking to spend $100, I found some Harmon Kardon Soundsticks on Amazon for $100 and also Bose Companion for $100. Are these nice speakers? Which one is better? Can you give me any other speakers that are nice maybe cheaper? Basically I want your opinion on speakers!

Thanks

2. Jackintosh macrumors 6502a

Jackintosh

Harman Kardon Soundsticks. Just got them for the new Mini, and they sound exceptional. Good highs and lows for movies/games explosions and the like, I guess. But I bought them for the pure natural musical sound quality. And they look like they go with a Mac. As far as Bose, based on their Wave music system, I avoid anything from them.

3. chocolate632 macrumors 6502

4. AAPLaday Guest

AAPLaday

I bought some Logitech speakers for my desktop pc about 4 years ago and they still sound very good now. They only cost me £35 and have been brilliant. They are the X-230s. However if you want to spend more the Z-2300s are even better but not sure how much they are in the states

5. beatmonkeytwo macrumors regular

JBL Duets. Have them on my mini at home and imac at work. Great sounding little funky speakers, for a decent price.

Or JBL Creatures are good. Lad has them at work and they sound fantastic. Though he has to keep turning the base down. :D