Can someone send me boot camp drivers?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by ArkabaS, Dec 21, 2008.

1. ArkabaS macrumors member

ArkabaS

Hey everyone,

I want to erase my WinXP Boot Camp partition and make a new, slighly larger one with Vista (don't ask why, not exactly my choice). The problem is I am away from home at the moment and visiting my parents. All I took with me was a Vista Ultimate install DVD. Today I opened the Boot Camp Assistent and I discovered that I need the Leopard DVD (Mac OS X Install Disc 1 in my case). Unfortunately, I didn't take this with me.

Any suggestions about what to do? I can always wait until after the holidays and install everything the legit way. I can also bit torrent drivers but I am a little skeptical of pirated setup.exe files. For some reason Apple doesn't post download links on their website. Could someone maybe send me their legit setup.exe?

Thanks in advance and my apologies if this is strictly against some sort of macrumors user agreement.

2. Gray-Wolf macrumors 68030

Gray-Wolf

Best bet is to wait till you get back home and access to the disk. I presume your not going to be away that long?

3. ltldrummerboy macrumors 68000

ltldrummerboy

You don't actually need the disc. You can download the drivers from here or here, depending on which version of Vista you have.

4. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

Actually it seems that the 2.1 Updaters do not replace all the drivers from the initial driver installs from the Leopard disk- but rather only replace those drivers that specifically have issues with Vista 32, Vista 64 or XP SP3 depending on which updater you need/download.

5. ltldrummerboy macrumors 68000

ltldrummerboy

I'm almost sure I used the 2.1 update all by itself instead of using the install disc. It can't hurt to try it. If you need the install discs it will tell you to use them before you can apply the 2.1 update.

Edit: It appears that I was wrong. You will need the install disc or a torrent for the drivers.

Edit 2: I've found conflicting information. Some people say the 2.1 update works by itself, and some say it doesn't. I would try it by itself before you download a torrent or buy replacement install discs.

6. xpress1 macrumors newbie

CP/Vista Drivers

Here we go: XP/Visat Drivers Link